We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for family with kids

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for family with kids

We are arriving in Hoi An Sept 17 with 2 kids aged 7 and 10. What day trips should we do? Love the look of Cham Island and a cooking school (don't know which one?) and also want to do My Son. We are staying at Swiss-Belhotel. also open to restaurant suggestions that are child friendly. Should we expect wet weather? We are there for 9 nights so heeps of time.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,794 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for family with kids

An excellent reference for you:

travelfish.org/location/…hoi_an

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for family with kids

Swiss-Belhotel is a great choice for families.. We love the pool. However this hotel doesn't have the best customer care.....Just be aware and enjoy... There is an Adventure Playground for kids at Dingo Deli, 229 Cua Dai Road, on the right on your way to the Ancient Town. Make sure you also check out both beach scenes Cua Dai Beach and An Bang Beach....and the town is easy to ride bicycles around take the kids off into the back alleys and rice paddy fields for a ride. It is the best way to see the local life and is safe riding.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for family with kids

I would recomend cooking class at Gioan restaurant by the riverside, much cheaper than Red bridge or Morning glory cooking school but the Chef is friendlier and you will have market tour included.

The bike Ride to Tra Que village is very nice and quiet, safe for kids as its small path and no trafic and it take you through villages so quite authentic.

Cheers,

Nhung

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for family with kids

I think you should expect wet weather and that will possibly mean Cham Island is doubtful - but carry a poncho each everwhere you go and you will still have a great time!

As for restaurants I have yet to find one in Vietnam that isn't child friendly.

5. Re: Advice for family with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 15, 2013