We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Narrogin
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Plan to fly from Da Nang to HCMC, after a car trip from Hoi An that morning. The airline says domestic travellers need to be there 2 hours before. Is this necessary? I certainly don't plan to take a risk of missing a flight, but wondered if there was some degree of flexibility here.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Which airline?

There isn't much excitement in Danang airport, so take a good book. We have never had to queue for checkin - (Ha Ha, maybe we are always late)

DG

Narrogin
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Yep, I can imagine it's not a big queue. Nicest sort of airport, I think. Just seems a bit excessive to be there for longer than the flight. I understand the car trip from Hoi An is quite short too. Ah well, a good book is an essential traveller's standby.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,956 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

The only time I've had to queue was when the fireworks festival takes place (gets very busy then) but otherwise 45-60 mins is more than adequate (I think the cut off with VA is 30mins). They were building a new terminal when I was there last.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Even though it's not a big airport I would still allow 2 hours, by the time you've checked in and gone through security an hour will have gone, it's better to have time for a relaxing coffee or drink than to be stressed out.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Bertie, I'm keen to know when the new international airport opens. We too saw it being built

Narrogin
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

Thanks, everyone. I agree. No stress is the goal. Will allow the time, and watch the crowds.

7. Re: Da Nang airport - how long for booking in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 11, 2012