We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi an weather in December

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hoi an weather in December

Planning a trip to Vietnam in late November early December, was especially looking forward to visiting hoi an. All the info I've read said the weather Is no good in hoi an at that time of year. We are still keen to visit, does any one have any tips/ past experiences ???? They would be much appreciated : )

Cairns
Level Contributor
74 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi an weather in December

We were there last December and the weather ranged from cool mornings to quite warm in the day and light jacket weather in the evening. Very pleasant weather all round. Hope you have a lovely time there we really loved it.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi an weather in December

Thanks for your help, it looks like a beautiful place!

Hoi An, Vietnam
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi an weather in December

It'll be raining season in Hoian on these months. It will be (a little bit) cold (with foreigners :)) ), rainy and frosty in early morning and late afternoon.

However, it will be nice during the time 8h-16h every day, not hot and very good for walking around old town.

You should go to Tra Que Vegetable village (3-4,5km far from center of old town) to visit vegetable field where supply fresh and clean vegetable for whole Hoi An. It's really, really beautiful with many different types of green, fresh and "cute" vegetable :)).

You can also enjoy "working as farmers on one day" tour or "cooking class" which are supplied by many tourist companies in Hoian. Believe me, plz! They are really interesting tours. You can try to work as a farmer who growing vegetable or a local chef who cooking some delicious local food (such as Tam Huu, Banh Xeo, etc.)

As a citizen of Hoian, I think Hoian is the most romantic on these months :))

BR,

Selena Truong

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi an weather in December

Hang on..... Late November and early december is still rainy season and last year, all of us werte hit pretty hard. There is a chance you will get decent weather, but be prepared for a downpour or even flooding.

Here is a link to weather charts.

owee58.com/2011/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Edited: 12:53 pm, August 01, 2011
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi an weather in December

Thanks guys

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi an weather in December

My daughter and I were in Hoi An in Nov/Dec 2009. It was cool and we did get a bit of rain and didn't swim at all but we LOVED IT!!! - Hoi an has so much to do. hot or cold...We returned with all our family just recently - it was really hot- but we still got a bit of rain - and we still loved it....

I would suggest a bike tour with Heaven and Earth and a cooking school with Red Bridge....may be better to stay in closer to town at this time of the year as you're probably not going to swim in the beach,

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi an weather in December

Sounds beautiful, thankyou x x x x

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi an weather in December

We are also interested in this question for Dec. Wondering whether it's worth spending the money on a resort so the kids can swim in a pool or if it's better to save money and do a place with a pool when it's hotter in Saigon? Are pools used much during Dec in Hoi An?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hoi an weather in December

It depends how long you're staying for if it's just a few days then I wouldn't bother with a pool but check out the Vinh hungRiverside resort, it's about a 5 minute walk into town but has a nice pool.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hoi an weather in December

Thank you. We thought we'd stay about 5 days. Really handy to have you thoughts. Much appreciated!