We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Any comment or info are appreciated. I want to compere them regarding;

1. Restaurant and bar. Which one is more reasonable, better in value?

2.Beach. Which one is nearer from their poolside? Do both have beach chairs? I think Victoria has.

3.Security. Do both have security patrol including beach area?

4.Atomosphere; Which one has more relaxing and calm pool side or beach area? Which one has more group-tour guests?

Thanks for your help!

I have already excluded Boutique Hoian and Golden sand from my list to visit in coming Aug.

Hoi An Motorbike Adventures
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Motorcycle Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Phat Tire Ventures
Sightseeing Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Bike Tours, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Tommy Dao Tours
Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours
Andy Hoi An Online Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

hi there,

1. R & B : Victoria is also good, but better is Palm Garden

2. Beach: Both Victoria & Palm Garden is so nearly to the beach from their poolside and have beach chair.

3. Security: Both Victoria & Palm Garden have patrol for that.

4. Atmosphere: Both Victoria & Palm Garden is good for relaxing. But Palm Garden has more group-tour guests (specially Vietnamese families in this season - so noisy sp crowded). Victoria is better for relaxing in this season.

But I let you know for that not meaning I do the choice for you, Victoria is the hotel with the French - styled buildings.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Thank you, Hoianian for your specific info.

Oh, it can be 'So noisy' by group tour...

It is also domestic summer vacation time, isn't it.

I see.

Hoi An
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

within your conditions, the victoria resort is best choice for your trip to hoi an.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Hi all

I would prefer Victoria than Palm Garden as I had 2 choices, it's because:

1. Vic toria has more than 10 years of experiences

2.Hotel staffs are so wonderful and well-trained

3.Calm and peaceful beach

4. Good food and nice atmosphere

Hope all help you well. Enjoy your stay there!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Thank you very much Jolieck.

Victoria has more experience, that counts!

Now I know that. Because I had some trouble wite the general manager of the Palm garden after I was back home. They charged us what they should not and stupidly I noticed that after I was back home.

We were assigned so called 'sea view delux room' but without any glance of seaview because of trees and other building in front.

When I claimed that the manager offered me whether to cut off some trees or to move the room. I said that I would move and they did not need to cut the beautiful greenary. I was happy to get another room wihch had sea view which I should rightly get .

But they charged us 'sea view' premium for the nights I spent in non-seaview room. I contacted them again after we checked out, but he just said to me in e-mail ' you do remenber that you said we do not need to cut the tree! And you said you were happy with the other room!', with these !! marks.

I should have notice that something was wrong when I asked him just in case that whether he was going to charge us sea view premium or not. He just shook his head side to side but with his arms open like birds winds, not with any words or explanation. Obviously I was counted less than a guest!

USA
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

I was in Hoi An in April 2012 and I stayed at the Palm Garden Resort. I rented an ocean front bungalow there. You can see the beach from the room. Takes you probably 30 seconds to walk to the beach. There's a large swimming pool very close to my bungalow also along with an open bar and restaurant.

The food here was quite good. We ate mostly Western food at the resort including pasta, fried fish, and pizza. I wanted the fiancee to try something new. There's a breakfast buffet that was very good too with good quality food and a decent number of selections.

The place seems very peaceful and clean. The room was very clean too with room service twice a day, once in the morning after you leave for breakfast and again in the evening. The bathroom and shower along with a very nice bathtub are located outside your room in a covered open-air area.

Palm Garden is about 15 minutes taxi ride from Hoi Anh and about 20 minutes from Danang.

When I was selecting where to stay, it was either Palm Garden or Victoria. For the same room (ocean front bungalow), Victoria was too expensive at about $200+ per night (I believe it was actually $350, but I don't remember and it may have fluctuate since). I do remember that Palm Garden was less expensive at $150 per night. What I didn't particularly like was that I had to wait about 30 minutes before I can check into my room at the Palm Garden. But they had a nice waiting area with complimentary drinks, so it was too bad.

Edited: 1:39 pm, June 05, 2012
USA
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

I meant to say "it wasn't too bad."

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

tthd...in your title you mention Palm Garden so i'm curious to know why, if you already stayed there and had problems, are you asking for opinions about it.

I've found management at Palm Garden to be great and i'm looking forward to spending almost three week's there shortly.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
30 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

Oh, well, yes I asked befor about options and many people helped us. So why not give others my own expeience? Peope read this forum long after my visit.

10. Re: HoiAn Hotel, Victoria or Palm garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 22, 2013