We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when I am in Hoi An

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
What to do when I am in Hoi An

I have one and 1/2 days in Hoi an. I figure the half day I will spend in in Hoi an, shop, relax etc. What should I do on the other day? I am going to Angkor Wat prior to Vietnam. Should I visit My son or Marble Mountains? Recommendations are much appreciated!!!

Potomac
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do when I am in Hoi An

There are four things to do in Hoi AN.

1. Go to custom tailors and get yourself measure

for custom fit clothes. The prices are very cheap and they can be done within 24 hours.

2. Spend the day in the Cua Dai beach and eat

Sea food especially the" Cua Rang Me" or " Cua Rang Muoi" ( Crabs with Sauces ). You don't want to miss this dish, you will regret for life.

3. Enjoy food in Hoi An restaurants. They are cheap and delicious.

4. If time allows, visit My Son. It will take nearly a day from Hoi AN. If you like to buy little marble souvernirs, go to Marble Mountains. Marble mountain is a small mountains. You can climb on the top within less than half an hour. There is a pagoda on top of it. I was not very impressed. Marble mountain is nuch closer to Hoi An than My Son.

paris
Level Contributor
2,646 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do when I am in Hoi An

Marble Mounatains are very commercial, lots of people trying to sell you stuff. I read that now the marble is imported from China. I was not very impressed. the weather was not good two weeks ago so i didn't go to the beach. I liked My son although it can't compare to Angkor Wat. My Son was very nice despite the fact that all the tours arrive at the same time and the place is not very big.There are enough pagodas ad things to see in Hoi An to keep you entertained

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do when I am in Hoi An

Do not waste your time at My Son. Cannot hold a candle to Cambodia. Go to the beach. Or just walk the streets of Hoi An. It is charming, pretty, has lovely shops, wonderful restaurants, a good market.

denver,colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do when I am in Hoi An

Go to the Hoi An Orphanage and visit the kids for an hour. It is so much fun and the kids will be so happy to play with you!!!

New York
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do when I am in Hoi An

Thank you all!

Depending how exhausted I am, I may skip My Son and Marble Mountains and just relax, eat crab, and go to the tailors and perhaps the orpahage.