We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel pattaya to hoi an

oldham
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel pattaya to hoi an

hi me and a freind want to go hoi an in may to do a motor bike tour and are unsure the best way to travel. we will be coming from pattaya and would like to fly from utapau to dang but cant find flight. dose anyone know which airports we could come from /to . any advice i would be greatfull for thankyou

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

You gotta go via Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City anyway.

Use Air Asia for cheap flights.

West Yorks
Level Contributor
931 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

Not many airlines fly into Da Nang.

You can access Da Nang via Hanoi on Jet Star airlines or Vietnam Airlines. Yes, you will have to go back to Bangkok.

Air Asia fly Bangkok to Hanoi twice daily for about £80 return.

Edited: 9:15 am, February 03, 2010
oldham
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

nice one i will check that out thanks for your advice

oldham
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

thanks for the tip i sorted the route now air asia bkk--ho chi vietnam airways ho chi--da nang very cheap thanks

HoiAn
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

hi

from pattaya to hoi an you have 2 optional road.

the first road by border, you can ride motobike from pattaya to Mukdahan province ( 1 day ), North East Thailand ( I-san area ), ( Thai-Laos border )check into Savanakhet, Laos, drive 250 km ( halfday ) to Den savan border ( between Laos & Viet Nam ). Continue drive to Hue, Da Nang, Hoi An for a driving day. This way is very interesting, visiting 3 countries. Many people from Thailand go to this roud by caravan tour.

the second way by flight, you have to go to Bangkok, take a flight to HCM ( HaNoi ) airport and continue take a domestic flight (1 hour ) to Da Nang city, take a car to Hoi An about 45 min( 30 km).

hope you enjoy your trip.

6. Re: travel pattaya to hoi an

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 04, 2010