We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

Hi everyone,

I'm spending new year's in Vietnam and would like some advice on where to go. Some of my key questions:

- I wouldn't like to miss Hanoi & Halong Bay although I know it's not the warm season. Is it still going there even though it's a bit cooler?

- I've heard Nha Trang is far too crowded, and Mui Ne is a better option? Is that true? What else is there near Nha Trang, which is less exploited?

- Also heard very good things about Phu Quoc Island. Is it worth going?

- Any other hints?

Thanks!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

Eduburg,

That's right, don't miss Hanoi and Halong bay even it's cold at that time. Check the weather in Halong some days in advance to avoid fog there.

If you prefer a quite beach, less tourist, Muine is your option. Before getting here don't forget stop in Hue and Hoi An. Both of them are worth to visit.

Don't know how many days do you plan to spend in Vietnam but Phu Quoc island is very beautiful beach, don't miss if you have enough time.

Mekong delta and Cu Chi tunnels are highlight in the south of Vietnam.

Hope this help!

David

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

Thanks a lot David. What's usually the temperature in Halong Bay by end-December?

Regards,

Eduardo

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,587 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

We were there in early January 2008 and it was pretty cold, close to 0C. We had thermal underwear and polar fleece jackets and hats, it was fine. Ha Long Bay was gorgeous.

4. Re: Travelling to Vietnam in Dec/Jan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2010