We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What months are the best time to travel re: rainy season

Brandon, MB
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
What months are the best time to travel re: rainy season

My husband and I are hoping to plan a trip to Vietnam, in our mid 50's. Need info and comments when is the best months to plan travel with regards to rainy season and off season rates. We've especially heard good things about Hoi-An. Might want to see a bit more of Vietnam than just Hoi-An but don't want to stress ourselves out since we would plan only a 3 week vacation.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What months are the best time to travel re: rainy season

Hi, I am Jenny I live in Hoi An,

Some of the best months are bewtween April and September, maybe avoid the rainy months of Nov, Dec, Jan.

Most people come to Hoi An for custom made clothes and to see the Ancient town. Its a not to miss in Vietnam, most people love the old town atmosphere and the shopping plus the many restuarants serving Vn and western food.

I dont agree that the only months to visit are May and June.

2. Re: What months are the best time to travel re: rainy season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2009