We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
11 posts
Save Topic
Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

Hi all,

We are planning our trip to Central Vietnam some time next year and we will be based in Hoi An. When during the year is the weather at its best? We'll be traveling with a 5 and 8 year old. Thanks.

jacksonville
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

For Central Vietnam the best time of the year is...Don't tell anyone as it is a secret and we don't want a lot of people showing up and spoiling it for the rest of us... Are you ready? It is February-April 30th. That is the dries time of year for Central Vietnam and it is less hot and humid. When I retire I will leave in Vietnam for 3 months each year and that is the time frame.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

This question has come to the right person as i am a local " Hoianese".

As Jaxfl1 said, Feb - Apr is the best time to see hoian when the rainy season has stopped and it is warm & sunny then.

But keep in mind that the high tourist season in Hoian is from Oct to Apr. So the city is full of tourists for Feb - Apr.

Mr Phuoc - Hoian

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

How is the weather in June?

Cheers,

Stewie.

lucerne
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

Yes, February till April is good, but maybe as tourist with two children you better don't travel while Têt holiday time. Next Year this is on 14th February and already some days before till one week after this date almost all Vietnamese are travelling around for visiting their familys.

With our kids, now 7 and 9 years old, we were many times in Hoi An, always in March or April.

Next year we go there again, first time while Têt - for visiting the familiy of course.

Wish you an nice trip to Hoi An.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

Stewie, weather in June is really hot. Last year when we were there we would sightsee in the morning and then head out to the beach or to the pool for the afternoon and then head out to eat early evening.

We stayed in town and the cycle trip out the beach was lovely. I travelled with my 10 year old son and occasionally had to dodge cows but that was part of the fun.

Stayed at Than Xuan but next time would try the Cua Dai or even out near the beach. Rooms at Than Xuan were hot and the beds were really uncomfortable, but it was really nice and clean and the staff were wonderful.

6. Re: Best time of the year to visit with a young family.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 18, 2009