We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Hi

Is it easiest to catch a taxi from Danang Airport to Hoi An ? What would the approx cost be - staying at Palm Beach hotel.

Thanks

Elisa

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
California
Level Contributor
710 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Hi, It is very easy to catch a taxi. Just walk outside the terminal and go to the left. You will see lots of cabs and it is actually very orderly. There is a flat rate of about $15.00 to Hoi An. The price has changed recently, always up. It makes things easier if you have the hotel info printed out for the driver. Hope you enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Elisa, maybe get your hotel to organise a pick up, saves having to deal with the taxi drivers who can be difficult. If you run the gauntlet of the taxi drivers, negotiate the fare first, we paid $12.00.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,831 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

i agree with millsie- we went outside to catch a taxi- arranged a price but still had a fight on our hands (re the price) once we arrived at Ha-An.

Mentioned in this post
Ha An Hotel
Ha An Hotel
1,640 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Brisbane
Level Contributor
37 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

It is very easy to catch a taxi - we were there last week - there is a information desk before you leave the airconditioning in the airport - go over there and tell them what you require and the lady will write on a official piece of paper the amount to pay. We have 3 kids, so required a 7 seater and the cost was 30000 dong (I think). We made sure the driver understood that was all we were paying, and he delivered us to our hotel in HoiAn for that exact fee! DO NOT let them insist on "meter taxi" as they will take you for a lot of extra k's ....

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
California
Level Contributor
173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

I was at Danang airport going to Palm Garden hotel in June. I walked to the information desk where I paid $200k VND (US $13) for a 7 seater taxi. A lady gave me a ticket and took me with her to the taxi driver.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa
Palm Garden Beach Resort...
2,388 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Hi guys,

I am also going to Hoi An, and staying at Ha An - I've just been emailing them and they tell me that a pick up arranged from their hotel will cost me $20USD which i think is a rip off - so i'll be organising my own taxi once i get out of the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Ha An Hotel
Ha An Hotel
1,640 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,159 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

I think "rip off" is a little harsh- it's about a one hour trip. How far would you get in a taxi in Sydney for $US 20?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Yes u're right 'rip off' is a little harsh. It's just that i've been reading on the reviews that heaps of ppl manage to negotiate to go to Hoi An for $8USD, and they all say that hotels usually charge you a lot more to organise it for you. That being said it does take the stress out of finding a taxi when you get to Danang, esp if you're getting there at odd hours of the morning or night.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
418 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Well I got quoted $31USD to Danang to the Palm garden - so I will definitely be catching a taxi from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa
Palm Garden Beach Resort...
2,388 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
hoian
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Danang Airport - transfer to Hoi An

Taxi prices are going up by the day. The cheapest you will get now is about 20usd rising to 30usd for a meter taxi. Inflation is very high here at the moment . The larger 4 and 5 star hotels do add on a bit for the service. Forget about the 8usd days !