We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Is flying to Danang the way to get from Hanoi to HoiAn and then back to HCMC? How do you get from Danang to HoiAn, what would be the approx fare. I looked on the net $138USD is that OK.

Thanks.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

From Danang to Hoi An you can take taxi, 30 mins about 30 km away.

Hanoi - Danang

Danang - Saigon

Book online with jetstar.com (low cost carrier) for better fare

Good luck!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

USD138 for Da Nang to Hoi An? Jesus wept! We paid $25 for a private car through our hotel in Hoi An. I see some Hoi An hotels offer a pickup service for longer stays, you could look into that. It's only a little over an hour or so by road.

To get to HCMC you go back to Da Nang by road and then fly to HCMC.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

No Yorkie, that is the airfare from HCMC to Danang.($138)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,466 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Sorry, when you said, "How do you get from Danang to HoiAn, what would be the approx fare. I looked on the net $138USD is that OK." I assumed that is what you meant.

Did you check the airfare from Da Nang to HCMC? I have found for some wierd reason (patronage?) that a flight in one direction is not necessarily the same price as the same route, in the other direction.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

My apologies, the question was in two parts, perhaps a comma was required.

Centre
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Hi,Aussieaussie8

To Get From Da NAng To Hoi An you can get minibus Or privite car ( if you take private car you can stop some where to visit like Marbles Mountain,China beach...).138 $ is enough for you to take flight HCM _ DN ( and return)

Enjoy your trip

Cam

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Thank you Cam , are you saying $138 RETURN from HAN/DAD?

How much should a taxi be Danang/ HoiAn and where do you book?

Thanks

brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Yes fly to Danang and get a cab to Hoi An is best - it is cheaper than the airport shuffle (weird but true) - it should cost no more than 200,000VD ($10). An airfare to Danang from Hanoi or HCMC should be around 60USD - book in vietnam - not from home, it is always much cheaper.Have fun!

Centre
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

Hi,Aussieaussie8,

I mean $138 USD is enough for you to buy air ticket 2 ways:DN_ HCM & HCM_ DN you can book any Vietnam airline officer in Vietnam.let send me a massage if you have any difficulties when you arrival to Da Nang& Hoi An. From Da Nang To Hoi An about 30km, 10.000 VND/km for taxi.if you want to stop to visit some landscape from Da Nang To Hoi An, ordering private car is better (about 400.000 VND/car 4 seats at Vitraco _ Da Nang - they have big bus team In Da Nang).

Enjoy your trip.

10. Re: Hanoi / Danang/ HCMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:44 am, September 06, 2008