We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Topic
Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Hi,

Can't decide between the Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Cheers,

Stewie.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Hi!

In my opinion, you should take Hoian River-Beach Resort because the following reasons:

- It is near the beach while Riverside Resort is 1km from the beach.

- The price is cheaper as well (Riverside = 72$/ night - cheapest room while River-Beach Resort only 50$/night)

- Both of them are 4 star hotels and the services are similar.

Hopefully, the information is useful and you will have a nice stay in Hoian!

Albert

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Ha Ha Stewie, I was going to suggest similar re distance from beach etc. I know you would have checked reviews on here, have you also checked Asiarooms reviews? Goldpond (reg VN forum member) recently stayed at the Riverside, but from my original notes I started in Jan, I read Riverside rooms were not that big. I think the standard room at River beach is 32 or 35 sqm, I vaguely remember rooms at Andaman Beach Suites in Phuket were around similar size for Mini suite deluxe. I prefer River-beach, but not having seen it or been there, I'm hoping you get more replies.

Lee

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Yes River beach is closer to the beach and yes it is also cheaper but the Riverside gets my vote...much more chilled,more personal and more Vietnam!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Just returned from three weeks in Vietnam and stayed four nights at the Hoi An Riverside Resort. I would not recommend that you stay here. I found the setting absolutely beautiful but like the other guests we were unhappy with the level of service for the high cost of everything there. They basically charge western or USD prices for everything and I would certainly not mind paying that if the service was better. The management has not done a good job with the staff which is such a shame as if it was even a little better, it would be a fantastic place to stay as rooms like the setting are clean and serviced well. It's almost as if the staff has a very black and white list and anything not on that list is just overwhelming to them. For instance, even asking about postage assistance to mail home tailoring which is a common thing in Hoi An really stumped them. I plan to write a review as soon as I can emerge from my jetlag haze, but stay out at the beach. It's a great respite from the town and the heat and there are some nice resorts out there. Get a bike and just ride the alleys and the streets as it's a great way to see life in the town and emerge yourself into its culture. Enjoy!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Well I'm down to 2 hotels , it's either the Hoi An Hotel in the town or the River-Beach Resort.

Anyone can help me decide which one?

Cheers,

Stewie.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Stewie -- I don't know how close you want to be to town but if and when I go back to Hoi An (and I will for sure) I will contact the Red Bridge Cooking School and ask about the rooms and villas nextdoor and across the red bridge at the actual cooking school site. They had a lovely pool and it's on the river. We accessed it from the boat so I could not tell exactly how far from town via driving but it's definitely a nice place. Just a thought if you're interested in what appeared to be a unique and small quaint place to stay in Hoi An. If I find the name, I'll let you know. All of us on our boat were interested in it as it was more of a small guest house or B&B type place; balconies with river views and that inviting pool ...

Seattle,Washington...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Gosh...so many mixed reviews? The beach is just 1 km walking. And I might say a very easy peaceful walk. The riverside does have free van shuttle to the private beach clup on the beach. Great swimming and great outside restaurant there. They also have an open air room bar with pool table and tables for the evening. The swimming there was fantastic! I thought the management and people that work there were wonderful! I talked to them daily and everybody was really kind and helpful. The pool was nice and the breakfast was more then ok. They have guard security at the entrance gate. Take a room away from the streetside. The gardens and palm trees along the pathways to and from the rooms was nice. The massage there was about $20 so I did not get one. I like paying half that or less. But I heard from another guest that it was great! So I hope this helps.

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,366 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

Hi Stewie,

At present my choice is the River Beach Resort - they have deluxe rooms that step out to the pool - that's good enough for me!

X Sandy

9. Re: Riverside Resort or the River-Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 30, 2009