We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hoiann to hue vua idanang

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
924 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
hoiann to hue vua idanang

4 of us (65ish) are spending 14 days in vietnam and after 5 days in Saigon we will fly to hoian, what i would like to know is.Is 2 days enough in Hoian and Hue and how do we travel (with luggage) this route

thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
23,038 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

I personally don't think 2 days is enough in Hoi An and Hue; we were 2 days in Hue and four in Hoi An and plan to go back for more next year. But if it's all you've got, it's all you've got. However, as the drive from Hue to Hoi An takes about four hours, that's a big part of one of your days gone. So it might be better to go for one or the other. You would have to decide based on what you want to see/do.

You don't fly to Hoi An, you fly to Da Nang or Hue.

You can only get to Hoi An by road: bus, taxi or private car. It's about an hour from Da Nang so if you decide to go for Hoi An, fly into Da Nang then go by car or taxi (not terribly expensive) to Hoi An.

How much luggage are you planning to bring? If you each have a huge suitcase, you might consider renting a van (and driver, you can't drive yourself in VN) to accommodate it. Also if the four of you are "comfortably upholstered", you should rent a larger vehicle as three people squished in the back seat would be not much fun.

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

3 days for Hoi An

2 days for Hue

this will be great

From Hoi An - Hue take taxi for transfer

Good trip!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

Fly to Da Nang, most hotel will able to pick you up at the airport, stay 1 to 2 night at Da Nang (or to Hoi An First; Da Nang to Hoi An only take u 45 min)

You shall take the open bus trip to Hue (USD 3, need a few hour)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,259 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

From Danang airport, I paid 250,000 VND for a cab to Hoi An (used to counter inside the airport).

From Hoi An to Hue, my hotel (the excellent Dai Long) arranged a car for $60.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
924 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

Thanks for the info, we have 2 days for each Hue and Hoian and will have to fit in what we can.

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
639 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

You should fly to Danang. Outside, to the left as you exit the terminal, you will find a taxi parking lot. The current correct flatrate fare for a car to Hoi An is VND240,000. Negotiate this rate and have the driver write it down on a map or other paper. Be sure to verify it's for all of you. A larger car or van will be more, I'm sure. Check with your hotel in Hoi An to see if they have an airport transfer, it could be cheaper and will definitely be less of a hassle.

I took a car from Hoi An to Hue for $50, arranged by my Hue travel agent. It took about 3.5 hours and the scenery is beautiful. I didn't like Hoi An (dirty and filled with clothing shops with appallingly ugly clothes, plus I was cursed at by street hawkers) and was glad I only had 2 nites there. I did enjoy Hue much more.

My hotel in Hue was the Villa Hue, which is part of the Hue Tourism School training program. Villa Hue is outstanding in every way and a true "find." My room was about $63 with all taxes, etc., and the establishment is 4-5 star all around.

7. Re: hoiann to hue vua idanang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 24, 2009