We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

victoria hotel shops and resturants

melbourne
8 posts
Save Topic
victoria hotel shops and resturants

we are planning a trip to hoi an in june 2008 and would like to stay in hoi an for 3 nights and then at the victoria or palm garden for 7 nights. we would like to know if either of these resorts have resturants or shops just outside or on the beach,we will go back into hoi an some nights but would like something close by for lunch,also is the water very rough or is it calm this time of year,we have travelled to thailand in the monsoon season and the seas were very rough and sometimes dangerous for swimming

Berkeley, CA
Level Contributor
608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: victoria hotel shops and resturants

We stayed at the Palm Garden for 1 night and the Victoria for 2 (travel agent mixup) late July and both were nice. There were a few restaurants across the street from the Palm, as well as a small store. Not great but edible, and much cheaper than hotel. I didn't notice anything near the Victoria. However, the Victoria had a much more frequent shuttle service into town than the Palm. When we were there the water was very calm and warm. For what its worth, 3 nights in Hoi An and then an additional 7 nights on the beach seems like way too much time-while I always like the beach, I found other parts of VN much more interesting and compelling than Hoi An.

2. Re: victoria hotel shops and resturants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 10, 2009