We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To have nice days in Hoi An!!!

japan
9 posts
Save Topic
To have nice days in Hoi An!!!

To those who gonna be to Hoi An,

I travelled to Hoi An twice and I think my little experience may help you in here.

+ Hotel:

If you want to enjoy a really ancient atmosphere, stay at Vinh Hung I Hotel(not Vinh Hung II or III). It is really an ancient guest house and located rightly in town, very near from Japanese pagoda and some Chinese pagodas. This hotel is in Tran Phu street(sorry, I do not have their card).

If you want to spend your days near the beach, Victoria resort is a good place to stay.(But the price is quite expensive). Or, Dong An resort is also near the beach. The price in Dong An is cheaper than Victoria but it's not as enjoyable as in Victoria. Both are in Cua Dai street, and are very near from the beach. It takes you about 20 minutes to ride a bike down town.

+ Shopping:

Souvenirs such as lanterns, jewelry, pottery ... are all along Nguyen Thai Hoc Street. The shop(I forgot the name) which is near from Hoi An market is quite good for the price.

Cloth shops are along Tran Phu and Le Loi street. But be careful since some of my friends do not step into the right shop. I've experienced with this cloth shop, I really satisfied with their product, price and service.

It's NGUYET THU cloth shop.

Add: 121 Tran Phu Street, Hoi An(very near from Japanese bridge).

Tel: 84.8.510.863.408. Email: nguyetthu_ha@hotmail.com.

+ Restaurants and bars:

You can enjoy the food along Bach Dang street, the river side street. The scene is very nice to have dinner there. You can have meal in a quite ancient atmosphere by the river.

Tamtam bar is now the only bar in Hoi An that was allowed to have guests until mid-night. Hope they will have more places to play in the mid-night. Tam tam is in Nguyen Thai Hoc street, also near from the Japanese bridge.

It's better to be in Hoi An on the moon day of the month(it's on 14 of every lunar month). The town is completely lighted with lanterns and moon only(no neon light nor eletrical equiment is on) and you can have a chance to play some very traditional games that appeared several centuries ago.

If you stay in an in-town hotel, just walk around the town.

If you stay in a resort near the beach, hire a bike to ride around.

Have a nice trip!!!

Hands,

japan
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To have nice days in Hoi An!!!

NGUYET THU tailoring has moved to 156 Tran Phu Street for a year. It's not in 121 any more.