We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Garden Resort Hoi An

Western Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Palm Garden Resort Hoi An

I am intending to fly from Singapore with Silkair to Danang for between 5 and 7 days and are looking for a relaxing hotel - preferably not huge.

I have had one reply from Palm Garden Resort offering 7 days for US$75.00 per day ++ for two including breakfast, round trip transfers, free shuttle, bikes for 2 hours welcome drink, 1 x free set dinner, upgrade from superior if available etc etc. As we are both over 60 we are prepared to pay a reasonable price for a really nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Has anyone stayed here recently and also what is the weather like in July? We have never been to Vietnam before but have travelled in Asia a lot. I would welcome details of other recommended hotels. Many thanks. We leave for the UK in less than 2 weeks and are looking to book this accommodation before we leave.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Palm Garden Resort Hoi An

Are the vendors not locals?

I hear what youre saying but if your version of relaxation is avoiding public contact,Vietnam isnt really the best destination IMO.

Austin
Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Palm Garden Resort Hoi An

Everyone has a different opinion... Sethlad obviously doesn't agree w/me it's okay. BUT, I have to be fair and state that I am VNmese. I travel to VN once a year for 8 years now. I like the locals... but HATE having to deal with aggressive vendors... and there is DEFINITELY a difference (as posted by another poster) I like the crowd, I'll come to the crowd, and if you want crowds... Hoi An isn't the place to be. It's the quaint historical charms that makes it so pleasing.

Also, the large pretty restaurants? Along the way from Hoi An to the Beach... completely overpriced and the food is not worth it. Ask for some local ones if you're not afraid.

Kim

13. Re: Palm Garden Resort Hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 24, 2009