We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An Tailoring

Which Hoi An hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coogee, New South...
1 post
Save Topic
Hoi An Tailoring

Can anyone advise me whether the tailors in Hoi An have stretch wool or stretch cotton in their range of materials. I visited Hoi An in 2004 and I could not find any stretch materials. I am visiting again in middle of April and wonder whether to take my own stretch material with me. Can anyone advise me the costs of the tailoring without using the tailor's material.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

I'd be interested to find out if the tailors have stretch material myself ........ I am interested in getting some dance costumes made for my daughter............I want them made from Lycra and some soft fabric like chiffon....... and ideas????? I can always take the fabric with me......as long as I know

thanks

daiisy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

Hi has anyone got an answer as to if the Hoi An tailors can sew stretch fabic?

thanks

daiisy

Sydney
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

Hi Daisy,

have any of the tailors got a website or email? why not send them a question?

Jules

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

hi daisy,

I cannot answer your question !---I only know one shop is very competent at making a " silk " shirt that upon washing the first time back home it turned to shreds that jammed my washing machine!

plover

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
306 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

Excellent idea Jules Will do..... bad luck about the shirt plover!....

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

My boyfriend got some great copies of his favourite Nike muscle shirts made at 50 Le Loi Tailor Fashion (in Le Loi street, surprise surprise).

Make sure you check using the burn method though if you are buying silk - take a sample outside and light it. If it burns it is proper silk. We didn't do this and ended up buying "Japanese silk" which wasn't silk after all apparently. My boyfriend was really happy with his clothes from Le Loi, but I wasn't happy - I would suggest this shop for men's clothing only. They did a good job on his suit too (not much difference from A Dong). I got a 3 piece suit here for less than US$40 (as far as I can remember) and it was OK. Be specific with them and you could do better. Dresses here were no good unless you stick to what they have samples of already. Trying to explain a wrap dress produced poor results.

I know this is off the topic, but I found Elegant - Than Lich at 148 Tran Phu Street was excellent for cheap business shirts and casual cotton dresses.

Victoria. Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

I didnt see any stretch anything around. There are rooms of fabric in most places though. I wanted heavy cotton to have a 3/4 coat/jackets made. I liked what I got but had very little choice. Maybe the Fabric market (not sure what it is called) would have it though. There were so many shops in there it was hard to tell. It is also quite dark in some places and so many you tend to give up. I had things made in 3 places - without pricing things in various places. There are so many and it is hot. I was happy with 2 but the third had to remake the whole skirt and shirt.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

Stretch cotton is available in some tailor shops.

My wife got several pairs of long trousers made,best was at a shop a few of doors down from Banana Split Cafe.They were very professional & their measurements very excellent.

She's tall so finds it tough to get them here.

Paid $15 after bargaining from $25,ready after 1 fitting in 12 hrs.

Cant remember St name but its same street as Ha An Hotel with BS Cafe on the corner,right after the market.

9. Re: Hoi An Tailoring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, August 28, 2009