We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Weather

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
September Weather

We are thinking of a trip in mid-september to the FS Carmelo. I know the hotel is great, but what will the weather be like? We would like to golf, horseback ride, and play tennis. Swimming would be nice but not required. What is the weather like in September? Does it rain (never, sometimes, a lot)? Help me make a decision on this possible trip (I'm from Minneapolis, MN USA). Thank you

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Weather

Mid-September in Carmelo is more or less like mid-March in North Carolina -- anywhere from cool to almost warm, often breezy, average (and undependable) rainfall. Should be good for all activities you mention except swimming.

Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Weather

Would it be any better the second week of October. Thinking of going to FS Carmelo on Honeymoon but would really like at least a few days of sun at the begining?? For guaranteed sun are we better going to Venezuela? Any other suggestions?? Many thanks.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Weather

For most-likely sun in mid-October, and warm weather for sure, either Venezuela or the northern beaches of Brazil. Uruguay could be either quite warm or quite cool at that time -- it's not yet predictably beach or pool weather.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Weather

Punta Lugano,

We were also planning on going in September. I noticed one person in the reviews complained about the mosquitoes. She said her husband had over 100 bites in 3 days. Do you if this is an issue there?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September Weather

Earlier this year (I think it was February or March) there was a terrible mosquito problem all around the Rio de la Plata area --Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Punta del Este, Colonia, everywhere. According to locals it was the worst in memory. I don't recall any serious mosquito problems at any time of year other than that one time. September should not be a problem as that is the very beginning of spring.

Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September Weather

Ok thanks a million. Much appreciated.

7. Re: September Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:28 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Carmelo
Recent Conversations