We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

d d
us
3 posts
BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

Hello,

I'm staying at Banyan Tree Al wadi for my next trip to Dubai. I'm having a hard time picking a company conducts the typical desert safari tour.

I wanted to use the Arabian Adventures because apparently they are the most popular of all. However they said it'll take up to 2 hours from ras al khaimah to the spot where they are doing their tour in the dessert. So I figured I should pick a tour in ras al khaimah, but I can't find any reviews of those companies.

If any of you have experienced the desert safari tour in ras al khaimah, Please recommend me a tour company!

Thank you!

xoxo

DD

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
1. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

This company www.arabianincentive.com/bedouin-oasis.html have their base camp around 10 minutes from the Banyan Tree. They work in conjunction with the hotel to provide jeep safaris or even camel safaris. If you can get the hotel to take (and wait for you) back to the main highway there is a Bedouin Village where you can rent quad bikes and explore the dunes on your own.

d d
us
3 posts
2. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

Thank you! Looks like they have everything I want. I'm asking them the cost of those BBQ nights. I'm hoping it's cheaper than reserving it through the Banyan... they said those typical tours are AED1100 per person.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
3. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

I have done a couple of the BBQ nights with them. They normally put on a belly dancer and a henna painter. The base camp is just outside the perimeter fence of the Banyan Tree so not too far to travel.

Sur, Oman
1 post
1 review
4 helpful votes
4. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

Regarding the best place in Ras al Khaimah to get a Desert Safari, we found a wonderful place named Bedouin Oasis Camp. It is just around 4 KMs from the Banyan Tree al Wadi Resort. Very near to the Emirates road exit No 119. With someone's help we found out about the place as the representatives at the hotels and even the hotel desks were not giving any information about the camp in Ras al Khaimah. They were all very eager to promote some camps in Dubai.

Finally we found out some information about this Bedouin Oasis Camp which is situated very deep inside the desert and booked a Safari and BBQ Dinner with them. We had to pay only 2/3 of the price we got from the hotel desks. And we had a fantastic time at the Bedouin Oasis Camp. We believe it was simply the best camp we had ever visited. It was completely set up in a Bedouin Style. We felt like being in a Bedouin Village. The camp provides Camel Trekking, Sand Boarding on a dune which is inside their camp and moreover they provide Overnight Camping too. They cooked BBQ and traditional bread in front of us. The food was delicious.... The bar.... The Shisha... everything was great... Really a nice place to visit..

Their contact details. (In case if someone wants)

info@arabianincentive.com

Ras Al Khaimah...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
5. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

Absolutely correct... Thanks for the information...

6. Re: BEST Desert safari tour in Ras Al Khaimah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah