We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Hi all, I am planning on staying at the Hilton RAK Resort & Spa in December, travelling with Virgin. And I notice that the offer an "All Inclusive" option, but all a "Platinum Plan".

I understand the main difference between these two is a wider selection of drinks, and non restricted serving times. I understand under AI if you choose to dine in the a la carte restaurants you recieve a credit of 70AED. But not sure if this is the same under Platinum Plan, or if they are completely free?

Has anyone been and stayed on either of these 2 board basis? Im wondering if it is worth upgrading to the Platinum Plan (approx 30pppn) or should I stick with AI? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance! =)

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Personally, I don't think the three a la carte restaurants have a huge advantage over the main buffett. I have eaten in all three and although nice I am not sure you would get your monies worth over the buffett. As you say, there is a 70AED allowance on the AI package so you could try them at least once on your stay. When it comes to drinks, A/I drinks are available from 11:30am to 00:30 am. That should be long enough for most people. You are limited in choice of beer (Tuborg) but the house wine is pretty decent and so are the cocktails.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Thank you very much for your words of wisdoms swrxp47 - I have had a quick scan of these forums, and you definitely seem to be a wonderful fountain of knowledge. Very helpful!

If I were to book AI - would I have the option to upgrade to PP during my stay?

From the sound of it, Im not sure the leap in price is really worth it for the whole stay.

I will mainly be on the cocktails - do you know which of these are included in the basic AI package?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Not sure about the font of knowledge!.......just happen to live here.

Yes, there is an upgrade option from all board levels.

I'll check out what cocktails are on offer in the next couple of days.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

Well if you ever need to low down on sunny Bucks, just let me know! Im quite the expert! Haha! Thanks so much for your help, its all very much appreciated! =)

5. Re: Hilton RAK Resort &Spa - All Inc vs Platinum Plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 04, 2013