We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cove resort

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
cove resort

. I have read a lot of outstanding reviews re Cove Resort. Just found a recent one, posted on 3rd August.

They were on A / I , were told they could only eat cold buffet, no meals from pool or beach bars.

Laguna pool closed for repairs, not told thebeach was a 10min walk.One pool only in use , that eas never cleaned.

Air com in room was damaged and leaking water.

Al a carte food was always cold and menu never changed.

I do hope that somebody else can disagree with above complaints.I would not normally take any notice of people who complain so much, but we are going to same hotel in 6 weeks. Have already asked if there is a supplement on any resturant or are all included in A/ I.

Would be very grateful if anyone could enlighten me. ERIPET

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cove resort

I have already replied to one of your posts and hopefully helped answer one of your questions but you obviously have concerns regarding your stay. Firstly I would say that I don't always agree with the reviews posted, especially when I find the reviews to be at a similar time to when I have stayed. I really appreciate everyones feedback but we all have different expectations so the reviews are based on personal expectations, and therefore don't always reflect what you would find acceptable.

I haven't heard any negative reviews Bout the Cove Rotana, but personally haven't stayed there for a few years. If in doubt about what is or is not included on the all inclusive plan I would email the hotel directly and ask for the full terms and conditions.

You also find some hote

Some hotels do close pools etc during the summer/Ramadan for maintainance as these are the quieter months but they try to ensure disruption to guests is minimal again I would ask the hotel if all facilities are open during your stay if it is worrying you.

If you did find a problem with your room I would suggest reporting it straight away and they will try to fix it immediately. We once stayed and had a broken shower head and they repair it within one hour and apologized for the inconvenience so I assume customer service is a priority.

Hopefully one negative review hasn't put you off too much and you enjoy your stay. We are hoping to go back again soon and will report back.

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cove resort

Thank You again for your reply I would forward an email, if I could , but cannot find addres to send one.

Regards ERIPET

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,877 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cove resort

There is a contact button at the top of the front page of their website: rotana.com/rotanahotelandresorts/unitedarabe…

Or you could call them - but I'd say it's better to get the information in writing.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cove resort

I have not read the review you refer to but maybe they were there during Ramadam which will be over by the time you arrive. ALL hotels in the UAE make different eating arrangements during Ramadam especially in public areas like the pools and reception. They also use this time of year to do essential maintainance work.

Some people do not like the resort as the pools and the beach are spread out. The beach is a bit of a walk from(the main hotel and restaurants are located at the top of a sand-dune but there is a courtesy buggy service running around the site.

I have recently used the main buffet restaurant and the Basilico restaurant where the food was good.

Edited: 5:05 am, August 08, 2012
Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cove resort

ThankYou ,we will go with an open mind , the majority of reviews are good.We are looking forward for our first visit to this country.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
96 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cove resort

Hi we just got back from the Cove and although we were not on an A.I. package so the advice given by Yorky and Kali is best: talk directly to the hotel.

From what we could tell, both pools were open although we only used the Laguna one but the pool and surrounding areas were clean. The Laguna bar was open too although the service was very slow.

The beach is a fair walk and depending on where your room is I assume this could take 10min or so, we checked out the beach one morning and decided to lounge by the pool instead.

here's my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298063-d123…

We had dinner at Cinnamon (buffet) which was nice, not really the variety one would expect from such a big hotel but we enjoyed our meal. Basilico (a la carte) was one of the highlights, we had lunch there and the stuffed chicken was really tasty and not dry at all. I would suggest making a reservation for Basilico as it seems to be required although we were lunchtime walk-ins and shared the whole restaurant with 3 other couples.

We did not use the valet, instead parked our car and took our own luggage to the reception. When we were ready to leave, we took a buggy to reception where while my wife was checking us out, I had the buggy take me to the car to drop the bags and bring me back to reception where we proceeded for lunch at Basilico before leaving.

Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cove resort

Thank You for your review, we appreciate your answers.

8. Re: cove resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013