We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan

High Wycombe
4 posts
Save Topic
Ramadan

I know that we cannot eat, or drink alcohol in the view of the public when we are out of our resorts but are we allowed to drink WATER?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,262 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramadan

If you enter the keywords in the search box above your post it will bring up some information. It was asked recently.

High Wycombe
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramadan

well do you know the answer?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramadan

The answer is "NO". Just think of it as "nil by mouth" and that includes smoking and chewing gum.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramadan

The rules apply to daylight hours only. It is forbidden to eat, drink or smoke in public, even in a hotel, except in special curtained off designated areas. Alcohol is not available during daylight hours and is only available after sunset (from about 8:00 pm).

5. Re: Ramadan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, August 01, 2012
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramadan

I already mentioned "curtained off designated areas". Why, Florent G, do you keep posting links to a rubbish website?

Abu Dhabi, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramadan

I'm sorry to disagree, but I found the website quite usefull indeed. I can't see anything false in the article (and I've been living in the UAE quite a long time), and it gives interesting precisions related to the question... don't you think ?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramadan

I've lived in UAE 13 years and the links posted by Florent G today all seem to be misleading, inaccurate and incomplete, as well as full of advertising. They have not posted any reviews and there is no evidence this person has even been to UAE.

Edited: 2:01 pm, July 31, 2012
Paris, France
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramadan

Well, I've been living in Elektra Street (Abu Dhabi) for 2 years now, working for my embassy in the Economy Department, and I've been working with the federal government, and each Emirate governement...

Please accept that you're not the only one to know the UAE.

10. Re: Ramadan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah