We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

UK
Level Contributor
89 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

Hello Everyone

We will be staying at the Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa at the end of Oct 12 for 5 nights. This is our first trip to the UAE and we are keen to fit in as much as possible. The hotel looks lovely but now I am concerned due to it being 1.5 hrs journey from Dubai that we may be too far away!

I read in a review that we can hire a taxi for 10hrs for £150 which seems reasonable and I'm thinking we could visit Dubai and maybe have afternoon tea at the Burj during the time.

Does anyone have any idea of how much a taxi would cost from our hotel to the Atlantic or any suggestions re: the cheapest option of getting to experience the most during our stay.

Changing hotels is NOT an option but for future reference maybe I did not choose the best location.. although we got a great deal with Virgin!

Any advice is appreciated.. what else should we definitely not miss during our 5 days?

2 female friends travelling - mid 30's!

Many thanks

Helen

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

Thanks so much for finding out up to date information, it all helps with the planning! After the mixed weather yesterday of winds, rain and snow all in one day the end of the month can't come quick enough. The holiday is for sunshine and chilling and of course no cooking! Can't come to Dubai without shopping, although I'm sure would disagree!

UK
Level Contributor
89 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

fantastic thanks for clarifying all of that.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

Graham, the weather has been a bit mixed here lately with a seasonal wind called the Shamal causing a bit of havoc !!! There was a big clean up operation at the resort yesterday after rough seas had sent sand all over the place!!! Forecast is to start getting back to normal today.......we have family arriving next week who are looking for a bit of sunshine too....

14. Re: Costs of Taxi's... trip to the Burj & Atlantis dolphin park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, June 15, 2013