We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

SW London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

I know there are two Hilton RAK hotels, the beach and the city... I believe the villas are at the beach, but can someone tell me how close they are to the main resort and spa? Do they share a restaurant etc?

In the photos they look quite isolated but in reviews they seem to come under the hotel as a room category... I have tried working out on google satellite but with no luck!

Thx! Michelle

Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Near the Hotel you have a "family pool" which has a "walk in" entry for children. It has a "fountain" that on and off sprays water. It is also deep enough to swim in at the far end. Above this pool is the "adult" pool which has a steps entry and is not meant to be used by Under16's. The water in this pool is around 5.6ft deep.Both these pools are heated. Also near the hotel is the largest pool, the saltwater pool. It is the largest pool on the resort with lots of little pools leading off. It also has a "swim-up" bar. This pool is not heated and can be a little cold in winter and a little hot in summer. Being saltwater, it is not popular with children. Once again it is around 5.6ft deep. At the other end of the hotel, almost at the far end of the villas is a pool near The Dhow Bar. This pool is heated and is popular with families, and is around 5ft deep. Set back behind this pool amongst the villas is a very quiet unheated pool that does not get used very much.

Beach access is available from both the hotel and the villas. The hotel has two beaches (the one is not used much as it has been affected by erosion. The villas then front the third beach. Some of the villas do not have "direct access to the beach as they are set back behind the front row of villas. Guests are free to use any beach although the Hilton City guests (who have free access to the resort) are restricted to the "hotel" beaches.

Edited: 9:18 am, May 16, 2012
London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Thank you. I'm booking hotel. Useful advice.

13. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 am, May 20, 2013
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor