We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Which Ras Al Khaimah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SW London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Hello!

I know there are two Hilton RAK hotels, the beach and the city... I believe the villas are at the beach, but can someone tell me how close they are to the main resort and spa? Do they share a restaurant etc?

In the photos they look quite isolated but in reviews they seem to come under the hotel as a room category... I have tried working out on google satellite but with no luck!

Thx! Michelle

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Yes, the villas are at the Beach and Spa resort. If you stand facing the sea the villas are to the right of the main hotel. Some have a sea view with a small grass area before the beach but some are set just behind with no sea view. There is a pool among the rear villas which rarely gets used. There is a path that runs back to the hotel with the furthest villas being a five minute stroll. There are golf type buggies that transport people back and forth if you don't want to walk. There is also a bar and a couple of reastaurants at the villa ends where you can take breakfast rather than go all the way back to the main hotel. The villas are in fact two storey buildings that contain four apartments. Two are on the ground floor and two on the upper floor reached by around a dozen steps. The upper floor villas have a balcony and the lower floor a patio. The villas at the far end are slightly bigger and have a small outside jacuzzi....I presume these are more expensive.

Edited: 2:31 am, February 02, 2012
SW London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Thank you! Thats really useful!

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

If you look on google earth you can see them quite clearly.

north east england
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

We are considering upgrading to a villa from a garden room which we originally booked - is it worth the extra or would you suggest we stay with what we have and use the money to go on more excursions whilst in resort? I would be gutted if we upgraded to find out we were infact allocated a villa without a sea view as I am guessing the garden rooms at the main hotel will have a similar outlook to a garden/pool view villa?

SW London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

We dont go until the end of March but I can let you know after if there is still time. I think the key with the villas is that you are set apart from the main hotel so its a bit quieter/calmer. We liked the idea of being very close to the beach and the extra space made sense with the kids.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Kelly, I think the villas with a sea view would be more expensive than the ones at the back. The garden rooms at the main hotel are located in the "new" extension which does not look out onto the main beach/pool areas. They look out onto a "new" beach which sadly seems to suffer from a bit of erosion and does not get used very much. On the bright side it is very quiet as most people sit on the main beach and occasionally wander past for a stroll.

north east england
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

I think the garden rooms overlooking the 'new' beach sound perfect - thanks for the feedback :)

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

Kelly, just to clarify, it is only the garden rooms in the new extension that look over the new beach. The other garden rooms are located facing the saltwater pool and the "childrens" pool. The ones facing the saltwater pool are quieter as (a) the pool is not heated and (b) children don't seem to like saltwater!!! The garden rooms that face the pools do not get much (if any) sun. The garden rooms that face the beach get plenty of sun.

Bucks. U.K.
Level Contributor
56 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

can anyone tell me? are the majority of pools near the hotel or the villas? And is beach access good from the hotel or is it just accessible from the villas? Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Rak resort and spa.... Where are the villas?

The majority of the pools are near the hotel...the villas in my opinion are quite a distance from the main hotel.