We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve gala

north east england
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
new years eve gala

Hi

I am just looking at this hotel for next new years eve - was the gala any good?

Would you recommend HB or AI for a stay at this hotel?

Thanks

Kelly

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years eve gala

Your post is missing some vital information, like What Hotel do you refer to as this hotel

north east england
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years eve gala

My apologies - I had meant to be commenting on a previous topic... It is the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa......

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new years eve gala

I did not attend the gala but I am told it was quite good...but then it should be at 900AED per person for non hotel guests. H/B or AI just depends on how much you want to eat or drink bearing in mind that there is nowhere else within walking distance to get a meal and a drink. A beer or glass of wine will cost around 30AED and soft drinks and water are around 20AED. Another thing to confirm is that the Gala is free to HB guests. i know it was for Ai guests.

Edited: 3:09 am, January 08, 2012
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,737 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new years eve gala

I was at the hotel a couple of times prior to NYE and they were erecting a huge marquee in preparation, looked really nice when it was finished

north east england
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new years eve gala

Thanks for your feedback. We have booked 8 nights arriving 28th Dec and have opted for the AI option. Can't wait (trying not to wish my year away lol). Hoping the weather is good that time of year, I was in Dubai around 10 years ago in October and the weather was amazing but I am aware that it does cool down a bit in Dec/Jan (not too much I hope)!!

Any hints/tips on what is available to see/do within the wider area would be much appreciated, I am expecting Dubai to be a much changed place since my last visit so intend to spend a day there, maybe having afternoon tea at the Burj but anything else anyone can recommend please get in touch.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new years eve gala

Hi, the weather ca be a little unpredictable. Christmas and New Year were really pleasant but then we had some really cold weather with lows of 5' and even freezing in the Hajar Mountains. The weather picked up again but we are currently in the middle of a terrific sandstorm...the worst I have seen in four years!!! Dubai will have changed greatly in ten years but I would recommend Dubai mall which incorporates an aquarium, the fountains and The Burj Khalifa. The hotel runs a twice weekly free shttle into Dubai. For things to do in Ras al Khaimah, have a look at this very informative web-site. http://rakpedia.com/home.html

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new years eve gala

Just had a good read of the link to rakpedia on previous post, must say I'm really looking forward to our trip now! 5 weeks and counting.think we will try and make use of the free shuttle into Dubai and then go in again for the day with our own taxi/ driver. We will have to see if better value to book with virgin rep or directly with the hotel. The Dubai Mail was on my list or doos because of the Burj Khaimah. But back to a few RAK questions, which shopping mail is near to the hotel (Hilton as above) have a feeling I may have read that a free bus runs there too ? Has anyone had any treatments at the hotel Spa and were they reasonable?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new years eve gala

The nearest shopping Mall is Manar Mall which is small by Dubai comparisons but has enough to keep us locals going. The hotel does run a shuttle service but a local taxi will cost around 10AED each way. A local taxi will be your "chauffuer" for the day for a trip to Dubai for around 700 AED. Never had a treatment in the Spa (on wish list before I leave!!) Cheapest treatments are around 350AED..there are much cheaper places in RAK.

9. Re: new years eve gala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, February 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah