We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

Ufa
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

HI

I need an advice. We are going to stay at Hilton RAK resort from September, 24. Two adults and 2 kids 9 months and 5 years.we also want to visit atlantis (aquaventire, dolphin bay etc.).

Some questions about:

1.It would be very difficult for kids to spend 2-3 hours in the bus or car and then the whole day in pretty busy activity in Atlantis. Maybe it would be better to book a night in Atlantis?

2. If we take a taxi - how about car seats for kids?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

Hi Liana, only you can decide if it would be difficult for your children but from RAK resort to Atlantis would mean a car journey of 90 minutes minimum. All taxis have air conditioning so there would be no discomfort heat wise but car seats are almost unknown (except to ex-pats) in the UAE. Cost wise, the journey down is going to cost around 250dhm and maybe 350dhm for the return journey. There are two waterparks near RAK one is called Iceland and is based on a winter-wonderland and the other is Dreamland which is a bit older and a little further away. Unless you particulary want to swim with dolphins I am sure your young children would enjoy themselves nearer to RAK than make a long trip to Atlantis. If it was me and I particularly wanted to see Atlantis I would maybe book an overnight stay in Dubai. The other option would be to catch the "free" hotel bus to Dubai. From the bus drop off point at Festival City get a taxi to Atlantis and a taxi back to Festival City for the return journey. The downside of this is that you will not be in Atlantis until around 11:30am and will need to leave Atlantis around 4pm to catch the bus which leaves Festival City at 5:30pm.

Edited: 5:01 am, August 21, 2011
Ufa
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

Thanks, swrxp47. But what do you mean by "unless you particulary want to swim with dolphins I am sure your young children would enjoy themselves nearer to RAK"?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

Your original message said that you wished to visit Atlantis, aquaventure, dolphin bay etc....all I am saying is that children of 9 months and 5 years would be just as happy splashing in the water at Iceland or Dreamland as they would at Atlantis. However.....there are no dolphins at Iceland or Dreamland so if you are particularly looking for a dolphin experience then you will have to visit Atlantis waterpark.

Ufa
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

that is the point to think about... thank you so much)))

5. Re: from hilton rak resort and spa with kids to atlantis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ras Al Khaimah