We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Kerala, India
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

From the web search I could see there is bus transportation facility from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai.

Can anybody post the bus time table from Ras Al Khaimah Bus station to Dubai? What are the other travelling facilities to travel from RAK to Dubai? What would be the costs for this?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Hi Krishna, there is a bus that leaves the bus station in Ras Al Khaimah every hour on the hour. I believe the 1st bus leaves at 7am but it may be 8am, I am not sure. The cost is 20 dhms and arrives in Dubai bus station maybe 1 hour 15mins to 1 hr 45 mins depending on traffic. There is also a bus service to Sharjah via Ajman. If there are not many passengers on either bus they will combine the 2 and it will take longer as you get to Dubai via Sharjah. The return bus leaves the bus station in Dubai "when it is full" I believe the last bus to leave Dubai is around 10pm.The return journey also costs 20dhms. The other option is local taxi around 200dhms.

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Dear Krishna,

There is a bus service from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai, leaving the taxi/bus station on the opposite side of the road from The Cove Rotana resort. This service runs each hour I think, and the bus is air conditioned and drops you at Deira Bus Station in Dubai. 20 AED which is a lot cheaper than a taxi.

Kerala, India
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Thank you very much friends.

Krishnakumar KA

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Please could someone suggest the best possible way of getting (4 of us + luggage) from Dubai airport to The Cove in Ras Al Khaimah.

Interesred in the bus suggestions above but wondering if Taxi a better /easier option. Any idea how much a taxi would be?

Also we will need to get back to Dubai to the Arabian Court Hotel.

Thanks

P x

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

Hi plumfy, if you look at the top right hand of this page you will see a posting by harrypic which answers your question. A taxi will cost you around 200dhm which at todays rubbish rate for visitors is around £36. There are plenty of taxis at the airport and you may be able to haggle a slightly better deal but not much. To catch the bus you would need to take a taxi from the airport to the bus station. The bus to RAK is about a 30 seater and they FILL it. There is one seat at the side of the aisle and 2 seats the other side. As the bus fills they pull a seat down in the aisle gradually getting nearer the front. You would most probably end up with your luggage on your laps. When you arrive in RAK the bus station is on the opposite side of a busy dual carriageway from the Cove Rotana and you would then have to climb the hill up to the hotel. Personally when I arrive on holiday after a long journey I just want to get to my final destination so although the bus can be an experience I would go for the taxi every time. You could always use the bus for a daytrip to Dubai or Sharjah.

6. Re: Bus transportation from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 10, 2010