We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to Chernivtsi

ramat gan
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel to Chernivtsi

We plan a trip to Chernivtsi probably next May. Apparently it is best to fly to bucharest and then drive to chernivtsi. It is a long drive but one can sightsee mountains, monasteries on the way. Is there a problem driving a rented car from romania to ukraine? I also read that border crossing can take hours. Will be grateful for advice. al h

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Hi al h,

>>> Is there a problem driving a rented car from romania to ukraine?

There certainly is. I'm still to learn of a single EU car rental company that allows bringing their cars through the EU border to a non-EU country, Ukraine in particular. Most probably you will not be able to do that at all.

So better consider the alternatives, depending on what your prime goal is.

ramat gan
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

thanks. thi is very important information. al h

Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Please, I need to go to Chernivtsi next friday 28 th september from Siret , but I don´t have a car own.

How can I cross the border and arrive to Chernivtsi? Train, bus, walking, taxi, particular car......

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

You can contact "Gigi", he organize the trip to painted monasteries to Southern Bucovina -Romania and tour and transfers from Suceava to Chernivtsi by car to Northern Bucovina - Ukraine. The name of his agency is Axa Travel.

5. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, February 08, 2013
6. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, March 08, 2013
Humenne, Slovakia
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Hello. I have question about the Chernivtsi:

is it possible to enter the territory of the Residence of the Patriarchs (Univeristy) for casual tourists ?

Thx

Humenne, Slovakia
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Hello. I have question about the Chernivtsi:

is it possible to enter the territory of the Residence of the Patriarchs (Univeristy) for casual tourists ?

Thx

Kyiv
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Hi Viktor P!

Yes, of course it is possible to enter the grounds and the church. To enter the halls you need to have a guide. Excursion centre works 10.00 - 17.00 every day.

More info here (in Ukrainian only) www.chnu.edu.ua/index.php…

Edited: 8:15 am, August 27, 2013
Humenne, Slovakia
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel to Chernivtsi

Thank you very much for the information, Marynuk.