We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Soviet Dnipro

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
6 helpful votes
Old Soviet Dnipro

I've heard that Dnipro has an old Soviet section with dilapidated factories and buildings and was thinking of checking it out while in Ukraine. There will be 3 of us, 30-40 from the US. Does anyone know of a local agency that would do a tour of this section? It seems that Dnipro is not a very touristy city which is fine with me but means it is more difficult to find this information. If this was Kiev then I'm sure there would be all sorts of "free walking tours"

2 replies to this topic
Norrkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
40 posts
93 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Old Soviet Dnipro

This is something I'd like to know also. How to visit old factories without having to bribe someone or to break in.

Salhouse, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
137 reviews
64 helpful votes
2. Re: Old Soviet Dnipro

It's funny this subject has come up, My wife is from Kamianske formally Dniprodzerzhynsk during Soviet time it was a closed city they made triggers and parts for nuclear missiles, We were talking about how to organise tours of these old factories, steelworks etc and visit Leonid Brezhnev,s mums house that is still standing, Lots of very interesting history around Dnipro in the next few months inquiries will be made website created and who knows.

Edited: 1:29 pm, April 15, 2019
Reply to: Old Soviet Dnipro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dnipro
Recent Conversations