We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-Visa

2 posts
Save Topic
e-Visa

I have a team travelling to Uganda in July and am wondering whether they will be able to get a visa on arrival or whether they are enforcing the new e-Visa system as per here:

https://www.visas.immigration.go.ug/

19 replies to this topic
Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: e-Visa

Hi Paul

getting a visa on arrival at the Entebbe airport is easy and quicker, Provided you have 100 US$ fees.

A must have yellow fever vaccination and certificate presented.

Howard

Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: e-Visa

Hi Paul

getting a visa on arrival at the Entebbe airport is easy and quicker, Provided you have 100 US$ fees.

A must have yellow fever vaccination and certificate presented.

Howard

Ross-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: e-Visa

looked at ARP Travel website and found a posting from May 20th saying that the Uganda e visa has not been implemented and that you can still purchase at the point of entry.

the single entry visa is $100. an east Africa tourist visa is also $100 enabling 3 months travel between Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda but immigration at Entebbe are often reluctant to let you have one as they have to split the revenue with the other countries. have heard excuses like, we have no application forms, they have run out etc.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: e-Visa

Hi Paul, I wonder whether you used the online system? If so, did you have any issues with the visas? Thanks.

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
495 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: e-Visa

I used the e-visa system last week for a trip in October. It was very easy and straightforward. Beforehand, I took photos of my passport signature page, yellow fever certificate, and of myself in the passport photo style. Filled out the online form which took about 10 minutes and uploaded the photos. Within 24 hours the website said my application was approved and provided a paper to print out with a barcode. You take the paper and the other documents with you when you arrive in Uganda, along with $50. The fee was lowered to $50.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: e-Visa

Hi KayeKaye623

That's very helpful, thanks. I plan to apply online, and am hoping that not only is the process straightforward for the application, but that it is also straightforward on arrival in Uganda!

All the best for your trip.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: e-Visa

I am traveling next week and have not had much success with the e-visa. I have sent numerous follow up emails and heard nothing. After visiting the embassy here in London I was told I would be ok and can do visa at the airport. I'm still worried incase it is e-visa or nothing. Does anyone know if it is still OK to get visas at the Entebbe airport? Thank you.

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
495 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: e-Visa

They never sent me an email saying it was approved. I went back on the website to check the status and it said approved. It gave me an option to open a PDF file with the approval, which I did and then printed it out.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: e-Visa

The problem I am having is I did not receive an application number and I have sent many email requests for this but never received a response. I have also sent 2 help requests and also heard nothing. When I tired to reapply as I was wondering if application hadn't gone through, it came up that I already had an application. I have no idea what is going on.

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
495 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: e-Visa

This website says the July 31 deadline to apply online has been postponed indefinitely.

kabiza.com/kabiza-wilderness-safaris/…

I wouldn't worry, especially if your information is already in the system. Just make sure you have all the required documents.

Reply to: e-Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted