We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early arrival and walk from airport

Wales
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Topic
Early arrival and walk from airport

Noticed a bit of a nip in the air lately and with gas and leccy prises going through the roof I thought it would be cheaper to book a flight to UG than put the central heating on.

I'm on board a Turkish Airlines flight again and as with a lot of airlines now I arrive again at daft o'clock in the morning. Not quite as early as it was last time when I arrived in the country at around 3 but when I got to my gaff the "manager" took about 30 mins to find the key to the room, So this time I am definitely hanging around the airport until sun up. So has anyone found anything to do in the airport? Is there definitely a cafe/bar open at around 4:10 in the morning?

Once again I'll be travelling with hang luggage only so I was thinking, with time to kill and once the sun is up I might take a stroll into Kitoro from the airport, has anyone done this?

Wales
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Early arrival and walk from airport

I did stay in the Crane cafe at EBB airport from 4.40 till sun up at 6.30 along with 3 others. A beer was 6k! I started a walk from the airport but hadn\t reached the gates before being offered taxi ride for 5k. Ate a r;lex in Kitoro changed money at the Forex next to Upland supermarket around 7.30 and was at guest house before 8. Sorted.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,203 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Early arrival and walk from airport

Good to know that. I think with Beer at Ug6K I would be looking for that taxi ride a bit earlier than you.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Early arrival and walk from airport

Crumbs what a joke!

Glad you got sorted :)

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Early arrival and walk from airport

Only been once but was recommended a family firm who have their own private cars and they will arrange to pick you up and take you to your pre-booked hotel. They were extremely helpful and even took care of my day tours. They were very reliable, safe and helpful. The father is Gerald, and his sons Patrick and Jackson. His daughter is Flora and she handles the bookings. The phone number was 00256.773.141.367. I will look up the email and add it later.

Edited: 3:51 pm, June 15, 2014
25. Re: Early arrival and walk from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 17, 2015