We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Fever vaccination question

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
62 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow Fever vaccination question

Hi all,

I understand that the Yellow Fever vax certificate is required for entry if you are travelling FROM a high risk Yellow Fever country. We live in Dubai, and are looking to travel to Entebbe for a few days - does this mean we do not need to get the vaccination?

Many thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Sharon

6 replies to this topic
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
174 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

This is from the CDC website in the US, looks like you need it to leave Uganda. Very important, please get the vaccine!

Health recommendation: Yellow fever is a risk in Uganda, so CDC recommends this vaccine for all travelers who are 9 months of age or older.

Country entry requirement: Required for arriving travelers from all countries. Also, proof of yellow fever vaccination required of all travelers leaving Uganda. (Updated August 1, 2016)

See more information on yellow fever recommendations and requirements for Uganda.

Edited: 4:29 pm, September 05, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

I just got back from Uganda and Tanzania and both countries upon arrival asked to see our Yellow Fever certificates. It didn't matter that we were from Canada. I did see a family who couldn't produce their certificates get sent to a little office which I assume was to get the vaccine.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

Definitely need the yellow fever vaccination certificate, which means a vaccination, wherever you come from. The certificate has to be submitted with the visa application, either online or on arrival at Entebbe.

Vlissingen...
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

Does anyone know if they check it for my 1 year old son, He hasn't got a vaccination and we don't want to give him

Level Contributor
144 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

Yellow fever vax certificates is a must at the airport.

Age is not an issue. He / she can contract or transmit it.

Please do it for the good of your child

Level Contributor
144 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow Fever vaccination question

Yellow fever vax certificates is a must at the airport.

Age is not an issue. He / she can contract or transmit it.

Please do it for the good of your child

Reply to: Yellow Fever vaccination question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted