We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What sun cream factor do you use

warrington, cheshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What sun cream factor do you use

With turkey being in the late 30s while I tan quickly and dont tend to burn I would normally use 15 but would 30 be best any advise thanks 2 weeks to go :)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

we always use 50 no mater whot

London, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

I used 30 for the whole 2 weeks best tan I have ever add I normally drop down to a 15 but it was too hot I would stick with a 30 from now on for me

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

I usually have a 20 or 15 but this year I have bought factor 30 for everyone.

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Factor 30 for us all to begin with. Then factor 15 for the ones in our party with darker skin for the 2nd week. Just remember to put it on often and after every swim especially if you're down to factor 15!

crawley
Level Contributor
547 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Really depends on ones skin. I tan quite easily but i always you factor 30 to start with. Certain areas burn quickly like bald heads,tops off feet,back of shoulders etc. I tend to be very careful with these body parts and use factor 30 often. The rest of my body i work my work done to factor 15 by the end of 7-10 days. I then use 8 or lower but with care.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

I burn really badly normally but someone told me to try P20. I now use P20 factor 20 and no longer burn.

warrington, cheshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Thanks guys 30 it is! Been looking at the forecast and its seems super hot! Cant wait

Barnsley England
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Calypso once factor 10, only a fiver at Aldi! It's brilliant, they do higher factors too xx

Glasgow
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Hey,

I burn quickly and really badly are the lotions that you put on once really that good? just wondered as i always go through millions of lotion lol xx

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What sun cream factor do you use

Scottishnikki - I would say yes. I've used once a day lotions like P20 before, and never burnt with them on. A few years ago we were just north of the Sudan border in July - now that was HOT - so hot I could hardly bear it! However even being out in the sun on a trip all day neither of us burnt wearing P20.