We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook extra kilos

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook extra kilos

We paid £12.50 and had 5 kilos extra weight on our return last week, you can book it up to 24 hours before your flight, with your rep. Worth doing as it is £15 for each kilo over otherwise, according to rep they are hot on weight at Dalaman airport.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

Is that same with first choice they use thomson as flight i think

chesterfield,derbys...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

They are VERY strict at Dalaman airport with weight

crateegg

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,063 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

We both use holdalls now and are never near our 20kg and thats with all the suncream and toiletries going out and bottles coming back :)) we also take 2 rucksacks hand luggage.

Stevie

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

First Choice

firstchoice.co.uk/help/…

the excess baggage charge is £13 (€13) per kilogram

You can pre-book excess baggage by logging onto Manage My Booking, if you booked via the website or a Thomson Shop

Alan :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

Cheers i think it weights 16kg at moment so best get the 5kg extra before a go if there strict

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

You can book extra luggage weight with First Choice but only before you leave for your holiday. I highly recommend you do this as I always seem to bring more weight back with all the shopping etc.

With first choice once you are in Turkey you cannot purchase the exra allowance - we approached our rep in resort to do this in September but we couldnt.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

Our Thomas Cook package only included 15 kilos , which is usually enough., but not for Turkey!! Brought lots of bargains back. :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

When you get to Dalaman Airport, go to one of the empty check-in desks and weigh your luggage, so if you are over it will give you time to sort it before you actually check-in. As they are very strict.

Alan :)

Spalding
Level Contributor
795 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

Yes, Alan lots of people doing that last night including us, and we had also weighed in our hotel, and was totally different in hotel to airport, hotel was much lighter, i had upgraded before though, think you need to with all that shopping and so many bargains, out there for the end of season,,

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook extra kilos

Lost count the amount of times ive seen people having to open cases and move stuff into hand baggage due to being over weight,the bags not the people.

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris