We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Hello.

I am going to Marmaris in May for 10 nights with my son, he will be 7 months when i go away. what is the rules on babies in bars, id like to go out a few nights for meals but i dont tent to eat till 7 8ish on holiday, do kids need to be out @ a certain time? Never been away with a baby before.

Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,136 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

hi again as far as im aware theres no rules. seen many babies in bars till all hours. matt

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Hi again Matt ha ha!

Ok cool just wanted to make sure, i dont want to be frowned upon being out with a baby after 7ish thats all.

thanks

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Of course you won't be frowned upon cherrie, that's a reasonable time for a meal. Plenty people will be eating with babies and small children at that time I would think. I have witnessed people in bars after 1am sitting getting hammered while their babies wail next to them. Do I agree with that? Well, no I dont, but each to their own :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Hi Cherrieshrinky

Enjoy your holiday and don't worry about other people. We all have dinner much later on our holidays and enjoy being out late every night. Luckily the bars and restuarants have always welcomed children and babies with open arms. It's great that smoking is no longer allowed inside establishments out there either. Your little one will probably just sleep in his buggy and the music will help too.

Have a lovely holiday! :)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

No alcohol for babies..... :-)!

Edited: 11:24 am, March 23, 2013
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Ok great thanks all, you have put me at ease now :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Hi VR

That's a good one! :D

Oh and take a mosquito net for his buggy, just in case :)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Don't worry you can take your baby to a restaurant any time, Turkish people often take their children out to eat quite late. As for bars there is no reason not to take your baby in a bar either. I personally never took my babies to loud places or out very late, although people do that too.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

I took my granddaughter to Marmaris for a month when she was just one years old, took her to Bars & Restaurants and never once had a problem, in a good way Turkish people love children.

As soon as we entered a Bar / Restaurant the staff moved chairs & tables to make room for the pushchair / buggy, offered hot water for bottles, ice bucket to cool bottles, they went out their way to make us feel special.

You'll have a fantastic holiday.

Alan :)

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats the rule on babies in bars?

Cherie..You will have not funny looks or people staring for taking your little one into any place.Turkish people absolutely adore little ones,infact dont be alarmed if they offer to let you enjoy our meal whilst they take baby and introduce him to everyone ofcourse if you are not comfortable with this-just say.

They will even offer to give baby a little rice,mushed veggies or mash potato,if he is at that stage.

Eating aroung that time in the evening is so much more enjoyable,the heat isn't so intense and it is lovely sitting in a nice restaurant,relaxing watching the sunset :))

Kedi- I always love watching the local women folk out later at night with their little ones,the older kids playing in the parks whilst the mothers chattered away-such a lovely cooler time to let them play.

Enjoy your holiday Cherrie... whist he is still in his pushchair,as this time next year he will be running you ragged

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris