We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kervan ocakbasi

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
kervan ocakbasi

could anyone tell me where this restaurant is please im stopping at the epic hotel in june and after reading the reviews i would like to try the food in there.is it in walking distance of the epic or will i need to get a taxi regards grezza

chesterfield,derbys...
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kervan ocakbasi

hi there

out of the EPIC turn right up the road about 5 to 10 mins walk away

crateegg

we tried it last year, wasnt too impressed but its got a lot of great reviews

i suppose its everybody to their own taste.

If you dont try it you'll never know

Edited: 7:13 am, February 20, 2013
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kervan ocakbasi

As the above post states, turn right out the Epic Hotel and keep walking straight along the road, you'll come to a crossroads (Apex Steak House on your right) continue straight over and the Kervan Ocakbasi Restaurant is just along on your right.

Approx 10 minutes walk or a couple of minutes in a taxi.

I tried the Kervan last September, excellent meal and good prices, a lot of locals where in the Restaurant, for me that's a good sign.

Alan :)

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kervan ocakbasi

thanks guys

hull england
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kervan ocakbasi

When you come out of the Epic and walk passed the Club Julian you will pass a restaurant where the Kervan was up until last june this place is also supposed to be good i was talking to the staff and they were just getting the place up and running. They gave me a menu and it seems to be a restaurant that has many outlets around Turkey it might be worth a look this year.

It,s a place the locals use and it always seems to be busy

hullman

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kervan ocakbasi

I really wanna try this place when we go this year, but so many other places on my list I think we'll struggle to fit em all in tbh!

Clydebank, United...
Destination Expert
for Clydebank
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: kervan ocakbasi

hullman I went September last year and the kervin was still trading from that location so must have finished the season there, but its moved even closer to my preferred place of stay on the East side of Armutalan close to Sayar Apartments, only a few minutes stroll from Cettia, HUNER, Seren so that's good news for us :-) loved the food there so much, No3 Dolmus will drop you off right next to it. :-)

Davie..

Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kervan ocakbasi

We went to the Kervan last June it was superb so we told our friends about it who came out in September and the place had moved they found the new restaurant only 10mins away and we're told it moved in July. You couldn't have seen it in the old place in September Div67. James

hull england
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kervan ocakbasi

Hi Davie

The Kervan moved at the end of June and the new people i mentioned had moved in so i,m thinking it must have been the new place you visited.

I remember going up to the new site on my scooter in August for a takeaway

The old place is opposite were we live and i,m sure they will have moved before you arrived in September.

As for the new location your right about the dolmus ,And Suz don,t come home without a visit we,ve been going for about 12 years at all 3 sites and the food has always been of the same standard .

The restaurant did stay open for a while after the move with the staff pointing people in the direction of the new place

Hullman

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: kervan ocakbasi

Ah, cheers Hullman :) So many places to go but if this one is defo worth a visit then we will just have to make the effort, it looks great. How far is it from Green Park?

Clydebank, United...
Destination Expert
for Clydebank
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: kervan ocakbasi

bobby/hullman my apologies, I was getting my years mixed up!!! year before we went in September, we did in fact go start of July last year, very very senior moment there!! it was that bad I had to ask the wife, lol, apologies again :-)

Davie...

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris