We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shame to be back!..

Which Marmaris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shame to be back!..

Right- I said Ill post a review so here goes.. :)

We left Gatwick an hour late, but still landed on time after probally the worse flight ive ever had! (we was sat over the wing, so it bloody loud!) Still.. we got there :)

Quickly through passport control, and got our bags and made our way to the coach. We didnt bother with a private transfer, as our flight wasnt due to land until 11.15 pm so we was in no rush to get to resort that evening!

After a long Journey, we finally arrived at Kibele Apartments at around 1.30 am. It needs to be said that Thomas Cook need to update there pictures for this place, as they really dont do it justice! Absolutly spotless! Top floor rooms- which was expected with it being advertised as a Studio/ Attic Room! Only problem was there was no lift!

For the first few days the hotel was pretty quiet, with not many people round the pool. Then we had a few groups of Russians arrive.. after which it was somtimes difficult to get a decent sun bed. Im not sure if it was the time of the year, but there seemed to be a lot of Russians and Dutch around resort, and I dont rememeber this being the case when we was there last September.

Did a few trips, Turtle Beach/ Mud Baths, Jeep Safari, Buggy Safari and Talk of the Town as well as JetSki and Flyfish.

Turtle beach was a very long day, and the weather was not up to much either! (This was the Wednsday after we arrived on the Monday) Seemed like a wasted day to me, travelling all that way to cover myself in Mud, and then Jump in some eggy water to wash it off again! (We didnt see any turtles!)

Jeep Safari was brilliant as always, we had a great day on this. Only problem was the company we was booked with only had two other bookings so there was only 4 of us in the Jeep. They did meet up with another company who had only a few bookings too though, and teamed up so the jeep safari could go ahead! (would be a pointless with just 1 Jeep!)

Buggy Safari was so much better than last year when I went on the Quads. Not sure what it was, but I just preffered it and If I was to do it again, it would be on the buggys for sure!

JetSki was fun- not much to write about really, but the FlyFish.. Well! The scariest thing I have ever done! It really is not for the faint hearted. I was more scared off Falling off, and having to make Stacie Jump than anything else! (My lif would not be worth living if that had of happend!)

We ate out every night, and most were good. The one restraunt I would avoid would be Nostaligi, down on the main road oposite Amore Hotel. The food was appauling! I did a seperate post about this when we visited! The only other place I wasnt happy with was Piccadilly- But this was more the service than anything else!

We ate at Ayhan a few times, this is a little jem Hidden away from the main Hustle and Bustle! Just walk a little further towards Icmeler and you will find it on the right hand side. I almost walked past it as it say Yates on the side, so keep on the lookout!

We also ate a lot at Andys restraunt just near Mcdonalds on the main road. As always the food and service were excelllent.

All in all for two weeks for twoof us, I spent £2100 on all our food, drinks, shopping and trips. This seems a lot, but we really went balls out, and didnt worry about anything. We just bought what we wanted and didnt worry about the cost to much! We brought that much I had to buy a new bigger suitcase, and an extra 10kg Luggage allowance. When we got to Dalaman, our cases were weighd and we was 1 kg under!

Shame to be back really- got a stinking cold :( and am back to work! Lol

Luke

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shame to be back!..

welcome home luke, great review. glad yo enjoyed the ayhan its always been our fave. matt

was difficult getting my wife on flyfish but eventually she did it and same thing i darnt fall off cos she wont jump in lol

Edited: 5:56 am, October 27, 2012
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shame to be back!..

Welcome back Luke.

Thanks for coming back on the forum and sharing your review.

Alan :)

Spalding
Level Contributor
799 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shame to be back!..

what a fab review, love it keep em coming all,

staying at the casa de maris next year god willing is this Ahyan restaurant near the hotel,

thanks.x

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shame to be back!..

Welcome back Luke n Stacie, great review, loved it! You got me excited bout gettin back on flyfish too lol, glad you both had such a good time, i know how much you were lookin forward to it. Get booked up for next year!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shame to be back!..

The Ayhan really is good, and I shall be returning. On our last day we went there for lunch, and felt obliged to pay full Menu price for once instead of the special offers they have.. even this was under 40 Lira.. I really dont understand how they make money! Lol

Looking to book for July, but need to get Christmas out the way.. Stacie's List is as long as my arm! :( Lol

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shame to be back!..

when i talk to my wife about what she wants for xmas, i always say ive no idea what im gonna get her cos she has everything already ha ha.... never works tho. matt

keighley
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shame to be back!..

hi Luke,£2100 now thats a good holiday lol,we ate at the ayhan this summer and you right it just doesn't stand out with flashing lights and people trying to drag you in and the food is excellent.

Glad you had a good holiday

Bob

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shame to be back!..

Matt, Stacie has everything too- but she always find somthing else!

Bob- I never planned to spend that much, We only took £1300 out with us, and they I took another £800 out while we were there! I figured we scrimped for the last 4 months to save for the holiday, so whats the point in scrimping while out there! Now a little skint, as I dont get paid for another 3 weeks, but who cares! We had a brilliant time, and I cant wait to book for next year.

Looking to take my Parents, and two younger brothers with us this time though!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shame to be back!..

Great review Luke,glad you had a fab holiday....

Wendy

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shame to be back!..

Welcome back Luke & Stacie, what a smashing review really glad you had a lovely time, came back and shared it with us. Its great when you can just spend and not count the pennies. Bet you cant wait for next years hols now! Lol.

I just need to know this for the fly fish (hope its not stupid question) but if one person falls off why would the other need to jump off? Because i wouldnt jump off infact i would probably hold on for grim death. Now way would i get in tghat water incase s...... got me hahaa!

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris