We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tgcs...................imo......carp

chesterfield
Level Contributor
446 posts
3 reviews
tgcs...................imo......carp

This p[lace has suddenly gone to second place, how strange the season has just started, and most of the recent "brilliant reviews" are from first time posters, call me suspicious ...................

I went to the GCSH on the back of recommendations on this forum.

It was hard sell when passing, constant pestering by staff, not a good start but we tried it, well what can I say........... T bone steak..........utter rubbish........ dry over cooked (med rare), it was as bad the T bone steak over the road at the 7 brothers (over the road). I wouldn't give either of them a second look again, robbed by the pair of them.

It will be interesting to hear from the regulars for their opinions about this place when they visit..........IMO a place living by its past reputation............I sort of expected more of the GCSH, I was looking forward to trying it, but it was a massive disappointment.

Light at the end of the tunnel though..........Samdam, top drawer, T bone again, cooked to perfection............by far the best T bone I tried.

Pete

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,535 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

ouch that doesnt sound good.... they have a new manager in this year and we was all hoping they kept up the good quality and service but your not the first lately to say similiar.... thanks for the update. matt

sunderland
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

i feel your pain but any criticism of the gcsh goes down like a lead balloon on here. get your tin hat on.

London, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

Im with you on that went there last year after reading all the posts on here and the fish i got had no fish it was all bones never again utter c**p.

Jo

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,535 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

sunderland ive not seen any1 have a go at any1 who doesnt like tgcsh, every1 is entitled to their own opinion... ive never eaten there but intend to try it this year, if i dont like it ill make stevie pay lol.... i dont like the taste of india it was in fairness 1 of the worst meals ive had in resort... no1 has given me any grief for saying it, not even the owner that logs in on here, its not a personal attack on him just that we wasnt a fan fo the food there. matt

sunderland
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

thats me told.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,535 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

lol no in all honesty if it has happened ive not seen it, no offence meant. every1 is free to post their opinions of places, if the place is cr4p is good to know its cr4p... i work hard(well, sort of) for my holidays and would hate to feel ripped off after a meal. matt

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
7. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

Not a fan of TGCSH either so Sunderland you are definately not alone!!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
800 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

i agree 100% on the reviews on tripadvisor .i was only talking about it yesterday to my wife and saying there must be a lot of fakes cos that many first timers is really suspicious. i also agree the chap on the door is very persistent and wont take no for an answer

but i disagree on the food as my "genuine" review on tripadvisor will testify.

my t bone steak was cooked to perfection as were the other two meals i had and the three meals my wife had were in her opinion delicious too.the staff were lovely also and thats why we returned two more times after our first visit.i have never been before so i cant wait to see what the regulars make of the place cos if it has gone downhill then the food last year must have been out of this world

ben

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
800 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

by the way if anyone wants to try a really cr4p restaurant in armatulan head around the corner from gcsh, past oasis restaurant(not bad at all), past havanna bar(7 out of 10) and you will come to the delights of ibiza bar and resatuarant. the worst meal i had all fortnight and the wife had bad guts next day . avoid!

10. Re: tgcs...................imo......carp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, May 30, 2012