We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol and 17 year olds

north east england
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol and 17 year olds

Hi

We are off to Armutalan in 9 weeks with our daughters who will be 18 in October.

Will we have any problem getting served with alcohol for them? I am not on about having 3 fishbowls each and getting completely legless!!! but having a beer/cider with and after a meal.

Will they be asked for ID?

Thanks

Lorna

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

There should't be any problems with them getting served. I don't think that there's an age limit in Marmaris, lol

keighley
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

Hi you shouldn't have any problems at all,last year my son and his friend (both 17)would go off to bar street or pachas and would've serve alcohol

Bob

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

Im sure there is an age limit 18 or more.If your on all inclusive you will only get a wristband for under age and wont be served alchohol,but if they are going in bars outside,they will serve them whatever drink they want.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
583 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

Hi Isheppy....My boys were 15 and 16 last year and they had a beer with meals, no problem.....Wouldn't let them go overboard but a couple of beers is ok and no one in the restaurants queried their ages....We're back there in 9 weeks too.

Lin

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

The legal drinking age is 18 but I am sure you wont have a problem with getting a drink for them.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
674 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

I first went to marmaris with my friends when we were 16 and we never had problem getting drink anywhere at all, the only place you maybe woul have

Problems is if you were staying in an all inclsuive hotel as they would have a childs bandb

north east england
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

Thanks for the advice.

We are not All inclusive but staying in an apartment.

My girls are well happy.

Lorna

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

I remember getn served when I was about 12 and then when I was 14/15 and then with mates when I was 17,they will def have no probs

Jsnlb

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,193 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

12 Jsnlb PMSL wiz that when you were getting your icelolly or wiz it a slush puppy wi vodka mmmmmmm

Stevie

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcohol and 17 year olds

I mean I was able to drink with and after a meal.and when I was 14/15 I would go for wonder,but end up getn pished then getn a bollockn when I got back to the apartment

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris