We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, April 15, 2012
Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
1. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

It is due to be launched on 1st of May 2012 as the blue bay platinum, but I was thinking the same as you, it does still look very much like a building site at the moment!! Plus launched and complete do not mean the same thing.

Bristol, United...
6 posts
2. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

I am so worried it won't be finished! For me and my family we will have an all round 12 hour trip to get there and if we get there to half a campus i will not be happy! It's already booked too so if it's not complete we will waste money and be disappointed as we have a disabled member in our party and it is hard to travel around e.g. to the local town because it affects them highly so we thought they could stay at the hotel as it's where they have said they would be happy. However, I do not feel comfortable leaving her and another member at a half completed hotel! I will be complaining to the travel company if it is not finished for not awaring us of the situation.

What date are you going?

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
3. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

we are there at the end of June for a week, so hopefully everything will be complete by the start of May as planned? Who did you book with?

Bristol, United...
6 posts
4. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

Hopefully but it may not be finished. If this is week 13 so roughly just under 3 months they have A LOT of work to do, I mean a lot! Thomas cook, who did you book with?

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
5. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

We booked with Thomas cook also, I couldn't find anything on their web site when booking this holiday that stated that the hotel was undergoing a refurb, I only found out after I had booked. They are still selling holidays to blue bay classic at a different price to the holiday that they are selling through airtours to blue bay platinum?

Bristol, United...
6 posts
6. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

oh so we have probably booked for a crappy holiday great!

Liverpool, United...
7 posts
1 review
7. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

hopefully not!! The plans that they have for the refurb look really good and if it is all completed on time then there should be no issues. I am sure as the season starts we will start to see realistic feed back on the hotel, so there may be nothing to worry about.

Bristol, United...
6 posts
8. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

Maybe so but in the facebook pictures there are no picture reguarding the classic, just deluxe and a few others so probably got a bad deal!

glasgow
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

We have booked up for this hotel (booked though direct holidays and the hotel name is showing blue bay platinum) however had no mention of refurb- I wanted to check if anyone knows if the full classic and deluxe is being upgraded or is it just some of it? Seems strange Thomas cook are still selling classic and deluxe holidays separately , I'm quite confused

Scotland uk
1 post
10. Re: blue bay classic, marmaris turkey

I to was confused, i also have booked for the classic in september, i have a friend who works in a travel agents so i asked if she would look into it for me. She said the Platinum is the sister hotel next door to the Classic, the Classic is the old delux and spa hotel which is now adults only, over 16's. thats why the classic is slightly more expensive, the platinum next door is a family hotel.The classic is being refurbished at this time but they assured her that the refurbishments will be finished in plentu time for holiday season., the hotel is closed at this time. Hope this helps !!

Get answers to your questions about Marmaris