We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karrens Brassery

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Karrens Brassery

Went to Karrens on the beach front tonight for dinner. The food was superb! I had the mixed grill and the wife had some sort of kebab but can't remember the name but it was a dish of straw fries in a tomato and yoghurt sauce and topped with chunks of beef. Both meals were wonderful and the mixed grill was huge. The restaurant was very busy but the waiting staff were always very courteous however busy they were. The bill total including a couple of drinks and one dessert came to only 170 tl. Around 12.50 each I really don't know how they do it.

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
41 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Karrens Brassery

One of our favourites now as well.Went 3 times this season although 1st time was to see Ender and only had a drink .Other 2 times meals were excellent.

hull england
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Karrens Brassery

So this is how different opinions can be my daughter and her husband visited last night she was telling us how bad the service was the food was ok but she would not dash back ( unless dad was paying lol ) i mentioned as did my wife before i joined her about how nice the place was but different people different views.

I suppose the best thing to do is try them yourself without any prior expectations.

Reading some of the disasters this year is making me wonder if it,s worth mentioning new places at all not wanting to spoil peoples evenings.

hullman

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,796 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Karrens Brassery

Also people have very different expectations. For example I want quiet almost invisible service whereas a good friend wants to chat and banter with the staff.

Also on the Istanbul forum is a poster saying that Turkish food is better in London than Istanbul. Now this really is all down to personal taste and experience. Add to that the fact that most food from other countries available abroad is altered to suit the local tastes. A very much doubt a Chinese visitor to the UK would recognise many of the dishes we take as 'standard' Chinese food!!

Actually it's very much horses for courses and recommending places is fine but so much can depend on the other diners that evening, the dish chosen, our moods etc.

So carry on letting people know and let's hope they are good mannered enough not to come back and moan especially if the meal wasn't to their taste. Just tell it how it is for you and then others can make up their own mind!

Fife Scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Karrens Brassery

Good post

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Karrens Brassery

Good post, as long as people are honest in their opinion then that's all we can hope for.

People need to report bad as well as good so everybody can make up their own minds.

hull england
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Karrens Brassery

I always try to be as honest as possible for many years i,ve been introducing new places to the forum one of my first was Kervan a restaurant we have visited every year for around 20 years but this year i did find it had changed nothing drastic it was a little different, i suppose because we visit every year it,s sort of automatic just to go at least once every holiday, i,ve mentioned the Tepe restaurant for a few years now and never mentioned the food it,s about the views it,s one place were the views probably are better than the food.

Clare out Turkish friends in the U.K. often tell us about the restaurants on Green Lane London but sometimes it,s about the surroundings thats why we always try to avoid restaurants in Marmaris that face main roads with all the hustle and bustle going on around.

Thanks for your views and mentioning some interesting points.

hullman

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
206 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Karrens Brassery

Funny that you should mention Kervan Hullman, but we felt it wasnt quite as good this year, we thought it was ok but nothing more. I wonder what could be the cause?

Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Karrens Brassery

I tried karen's twice this trip (still here) and I personally wouldn't be rushing back. The food isn't to my taste or standard, although the service is good overall. I think it's what you order and expect and unfortunately I was disappointed but I can understand others would disagree with me.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
9. Re: Karrens Brassery

Very busy, Rush you in and out. But to be honest was there in June food was lovely he got t bone I got mixed chicken dish there was no sauce really dry chicken, so left all off it. But had really good meals elsewhere

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Karrens Brassery

P.s that was last week we visited karen

Reply to: Karrens Brassery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris