We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris an psoriasis

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Marmaris an psoriasis

Hi,

I will try and keep this short and sweet...the last time i was in marmaris was 6 years ago...my dear mum passed away 4 years ago and since her passing i developed psoriasis which has put me off going back to marmaris...or any other holiday destination for that matter...but marmaris is my most favourite place i have been..i love the place..my question is will people in marmaris look at me different or treat me like a lepper because of my condition?

28 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Psoriasis is an unfortunate skin condition and although it can look unsightly I think most people nowadays have some understanding of it. When you say people in Marmaris, do you mean local people or holidaymakers? I sometimes think Turkish people are curious but more accepting, I remember my daughter being asked about her freckles. One thing for sure, many years ago my friend who was a dermatologist said if she could, she would send every psoriasis sufferer to the South of France for a fortnight of sun and sea bathing, the best cure in the world. Perhaps there is your answer, go and take the cure, it will certainly do you good and may improve your skin too.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
France
France
Europe
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

From your concern I presume its quite visible.I have it on my elbows and a few small spots on my legs.When wet as you know they go red but have never noticed anyone pointing or staring.

Bangor,Northern...
Level Contributor
839 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My son in law has the condition and while not covered it is noticible but as others have said the sun and sea seem to make it much better. Go enjoy yourself I dont think you'll have any issues

Iain

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Thank you for your replies...yes its quite visable...i have booked maramris for july 2019...i am having the proper treatments for it and my first appointment to the dermatology department at the hospital in september...so hopefully it would b supressed by july 19...the people on this forum really are helpfull and friendly...im glad i joined now...thank you for the reasurance

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My bro in law sometimes gets it all over his torso and gets sent to sunbeds to clear it up.I know sunbeds are frowned upon but this is medically advised.But as the others said natural sunlight is a winner.

Dennyloanhead...
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Welshscouser78 , you are no leper , you are a human being the same as I am and everyone else in the world . Go in confidence and enjoy every bit of your holiday .

John M

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

I feel more at eaze about it now thank you all...it was my girlfriends idea to book it as she has never been there...thankfully she loves me for who i am...so yes im now thinkin more possitivly about it...i cant wait to get her over there...mankini at the ready 😂😂😂

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Ah jaysus,we've created a monster lol.

Wrexham County...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Ha ha thank you derrykiwi...i think...maybe i will eaze up on the mankini...my girlfriend can tolerate a lot of things with me but i dont think a mankini is one of them 😂😂

england
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My brother suffers really bad with Psoroasis - and his nearly varnishes when he is in the sun - he was once issued with an sun bed on the NHS as the UV rays cleared it up better than any medicine.

Reply to: Marmaris an psoriasis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris
;