We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marmaris an psoriasis

Marmaris an psoriasis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, August 15, 2018

28 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,844 posts
307 reviews
1. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Psoriasis is an unfortunate skin condition and although it can look unsightly I think most people nowadays have some understanding of it. When you say people in Marmaris, do you mean local people or holidaymakers? I sometimes think Turkish people are curious but more accepting, I remember my daughter being asked about her freckles. One thing for sure, many years ago my friend who was a dermatologist said if she could, she would send every psoriasis sufferer to the South of France for a fortnight of sun and sea bathing, the best cure in the world. Perhaps there is your answer, go and take the cure, it will certainly do you good and may improve your skin too.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

From your concern I presume its quite visible.I have it on my elbows and a few small spots on my legs.When wet as you know they go red but have never noticed anyone pointing or staring.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
911 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My son in law has the condition and while not covered it is noticible but as others have said the sun and sea seem to make it much better. Go enjoy yourself I dont think you'll have any issues

Iain

4. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My bro in law sometimes gets it all over his torso and gets sent to sunbeds to clear it up.I know sunbeds are frowned upon but this is medically advised.But as the others said natural sunlight is a winner.

Dennyloanhead...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
72 reviews
6. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Welshscouser78 , you are no leper , you are a human being the same as I am and everyone else in the world . Go in confidence and enjoy every bit of your holiday .

John M

7. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

Ah jaysus,we've created a monster lol.

9. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

england
Level Contributor
253 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Marmaris an psoriasis

My brother suffers really bad with Psoroasis - and his nearly varnishes when he is in the sun - he was once issued with an sun bed on the NHS as the UV rays cleared it up better than any medicine.

Reply to: Marmaris an psoriasis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marmaris