We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tesco coming

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
tesco coming

next month opening kipa(tesco)

in armutalan

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tesco coming

OMG - I can't believe it - i hope no more spring up anywhere else.... :-((

No more pubs, fish and chip shops and tescos.....please!!!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
325 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tesco coming

yes there is a job website advertising lots of positions including a nurse!? ..... where in Armutalan will it be built??

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: tesco coming

Of course if anyone opened up in Göcek or Kalkan, it would have to be Waitrose!

Actually here the village can't support 3 small supermarkets all year round and Tansas closed down for the winter.

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tesco coming

Waitrose Tesco, Sainsbury or whatever - part of the charm of turkey for me is not being in a mini england (OK I know there are lots of Brits in Kalkan!!) - the thought of walking down the street and seeing the UK high street shops fills me with dread....

Fortunately we have several small turkish supermarkets in Kalkan so lets hope the big boys don't move in there and take over.... ;-((

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,473 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tesco coming

Well as predicted Tesco are taking over the world!!!! Scary but as they say we are now living in a global village..... I shall continue to support the local shops..... B&Q I believe are now setting up in Turkey as well. Whatever next....... It's frightening.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tesco coming

datca main road

next door petrol station

or opposite tespo

location armutalan

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
325 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tesco coming

I couldnt figure out where there was a piece of land large enough for a Kipa so this makes sense. Yes they are taking over the world and its rather worrying but at least they are employing Turks, unlike other companies that export their own staff overseas.

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,638 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tesco coming

tesco i dont believe it!!!! i work for the nhs and i also have a part time job for haddows ( part of the thresher group) im just going to email our head office and request that they open a branch in marmaris and volunteer myself! infact i would work for nothing if it meant moving to marmaris lol:) what next m&s or woolies!!!!!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
325 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tesco coming

Acually there is a M & S in Bodrum!!! One for the ladies in the Oasis Shopping Centre and one for the men opposite Bodrum marina.. he he. And you get a 3 month return policy plus you can return the goods to a store in the UK - its amazing and I have to say this is a lesson to those private shop owners who just refuse to give you a refund even when its faulty!

Izmir has lots of European shops and Istanbul has most of our high street stores.. Debenhams, Next, Dorothy Perkins, Top Shop, Mothercare... the list goes on

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tesco coming

Yeah - places like Izmir and Istanbul - I don't have a problem with UK high street shops - but the thought of Tesco, M&S, Woolies etc invading our holiday resorts fills me with dread..!!

I really do hope they all leave Kalkan alone - too small and off the beaten track....although I could be persuaded to apply for a checkout assistant in Tesco, Kalkan...LOL ;-))