We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat hire

Which Gocek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Topic
boat hire

we are staying in gocek in the summer and was wondering if it is possible to hire a small, low-powered motor boat for self-drive, on a daily basis pls?

thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat hire

Hi olicoco - glad to see you decided to go ahead and come to Gocek!

Whilst there is not anywhere (that I know of anyway!) that hires out boats along the front in Gocek - I am sure "anything is possible" and that by asking around you might well find something as virtually everybody has their own little boat.

What you have are a whole load of boats that do day trips organised by the local Co-op around the 12 Islands - this is a really delightful trip and excellent value - I can't remember now, but I think it costs about £10 per person - which includes a really nice hot lunch (either barbequed fish or chicken with pasta or rice and salad, bread, and fruit). Drinks onboard are extra.

Alternatively you can chat to the owners of the smaller boats and hire one for the day - negotiate the price - they will cook you a meal, but cost will depend upon whether they do the shopping and put all food and drink on-board or if you do. I don't know how many are in your party - but we have done this a few times when there were 5 or 6 of us.

When you actually get out to the various places that the day trip boats stop at - then invariably there are "banana boats" or "ringos" or similar that you can hire during your stop-over.

Have a great time - when are you going?

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: boat hire

hi

thanks for reply. doesn't look like its poss to do this from gocek, does anyone know if there is anywhere in fethiye that we could hire a little boat from pls?

11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: boat hire

hi Olicoco

There are plenty of boats to choose from in Gocek. Dudissimo will I'm sure be able to point you in the right direction but we've gone to Gocek every year for the past several years and last year did the 12 islands which I urge you to do. Lots of boats, competitively priced. Also a great day out and included a barbecued fish lunch with an amazing salad.

We'll be out there again in July and can't wait...

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: boat hire

hi

yes, i'm sure we'll do the 12 island boat trip for lunch - which sounds great - but am really looking to find out about a small self-drive motor boat to hire for the day and just potter about the coast-line. we did this in the greek islands a couple of years ago and was one of the highlights of the hol, so would be grateful for any info pls?

many thanks

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: boat hire

I don't know of anyone who rents out small boats, although there are plenty of them.

I suggest that you ask around - maybe try the "Grapevine" wine bar in the main street - the Anglo-Turkish owners have lived in Göcek for a considerable time and may well know of someone.

You should be aware that there's an awful lot of marine traffic in the area - there are now 5 marinas - plus the occasional cargo vessel calling in - and you should certainly buy a chart and find out the areas where it's prohibited to anchor etc (due to channels and archeological sites).

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: boat hire

hi dudismo!

that sounds a bit complicated with the anchorage etc. I don't think that i'd quite appreciated that there would be so much marine traffic, so thanks for that info. we'll suss it out when we're there but think will just follow advice and stick to the organised boat trips!

are you going over there soon?

thanks and best wishes

Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: boat hire

Sorry I missed your last post one here - TA are supposed to advise me of new posts, but their system is a bit slow and erratic!

I have made a flying visit to Göcek and noticed late one night (so I couldn't enquire), that a pension/shop called Star Marin, which is just along the main street from the Skopea Marina building (opposite the Jandarma barracks) was advertising what appeared to be motor boats for rent.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: boat hire

hi dudismo

thanks for that. sounds interesting so will go and take a look when we're over there, only a few weeks to go - can't wait!

hope you enjoyed your brief visit to gocek. i'm looking forward to reading your update!

thanks again for your help.

9. Re: boat hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, December 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gocek
Recent Conversations