We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebrating a Birthday Party

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Celebrating a Birthday Party

Hello guys ! we are a couple and the 24th September we will be at Fethiye. The thing is that day it s my girlfriend birthday and i would like to make a party for her, with all local people. haha. In a local bar or whatever. Of course i would pay the drinks and whatever it takes.. So...

Is there any local Fethiye people here in TA? Do you recommend me any other website to contact local people there? (Besides CouchSurfing).

Thanks !!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Firstly local people in Fethiye are Muslim and a lot do not drink as it is against they religion, so a lot of bars are used by tourists and ex-pats. . Secondly, alcohol is not cheap in Turkey. Imported spirits are expensive. Thirdly if you advertise a party you may attract the wrong sort of people who may want to take advantage of your generosity.

I would advise a romantic dinner for two and if you want to do this you will get lots of advise on good places to arrange this. Also with advanced warning the restaurants will make a cake and decorate your table.

Edited: 3:55 am, August 10, 2014
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

ohhhhh.. ok !!! now i m get it !!!!!....

Thanks so much for your info Frances!!!!...

Ok, i would like to celebrate it as a turkish traditional party, but i get what you mean. So, there s no other than a good restaurant on Fethiye !, is there any restaurant with some show or something like that ?

Thanks Frances again !

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Firstly, are you staying in Fethiye itself?

Lots of places have entertainment. If you are staying in Fethiye plenty of the restaurants along from the Marina have entertainment in the evening. If you want a traditional Turkish entertainment I would recommend the Yoruk Tents in Calis Beach. For a nice night get the Calis Beach water taxi from Fethiye at the Marina leaves on the hour and half hour and takes 35 minutes. It's a lovely journey and only costs 5 lira each. Then get off the water taxi in Calis Beach and walk over the bridge towards the prom and then turn left on the prom to the Tents there you will get Turkish entertainment and dancing.

turkeysforlife.com/2012/09/turkish-music-cal…

In Fethiye you can go to the Kings Garden Restaurant. I would advise a Saturday night as they have a singer and dancing on that night. They will pick you up and drop you back for free.

Nice food and wonderful panoramic views of Fethiye as you are up in the mountains by the Rock Tombs. http://kingsgardenrestaurant.co.uk Book online or ring. Tell them that it's a birthday and you would like a table right at the front and would also like a cake.

For a really romantic night out for two (no dancing though) There is the Ada Restaurant on Sovalye Island. Book the restaurant for evening dinner and they send a boat for you to the jetty near the Sat Restaurant at Calis Beach. Go over to the island and the views of the 12 islands are wonderful and you will get a lovely meal. Also you can go out for breakfast and use their private beach during the day and stay for lunch and/or dinner. www.sovalyeisland.com/ecesovalye/id2.htm

For a lively bar in the Fethiye the Car Cemetery in Paspatur is a good place for a drink.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Hello Frances again, you ve just made my day.

We are not exactly THE romantic couple, haha. We just love the mixing with local cultures, we will do some couchsurfing in deed. But for the Turkish Mediterranean Coast we ve rented a car and we will do at our time. But for her birthday, i want to be prepared. So, i read a lot about the first tip you gave me.

Definitely that will be our choice.

Just to be sure, this is the location of the tents right?: https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/Kerimo%C4%9Flu+Y%C3%B6r%C3%BCk+%C3%87ad%C4%B1rlar%C4%B1/@36.657846,29.110569,19z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x14c043a3f079bbf9:0xfe45c79e71c12893

I couldnt find any website of the owners, so i think i have just to go there to make a reservation and ask for the cake right?

About the water taxi, that s a great idea too ! but where s the marina in Fethiye? Just to know if i our hotel/host is closer to the marina or to the tents haha. This is it? :

https://www.google.com.ar/maps/place/48300+Fethiye,+Turqu%C3%ADa/@36.6218952,29.1038902,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x14c0439b0db6b13b:0x87150704244f70d7

Thanks a lot Frances!!! That will be exactly our plan !

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

oh about the first question, we will be along the all mediterranean coast. From Bodrum to Antalya, so on that day, i suppose to be at Fethiye.

Do you recommend other place better than that? We will go to Kas after Fethiye i guess.

Million Thanks again.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

It would seem you are staying nearer Calis Beach than Fethiye. So you can hope a dolmus into Calis and get off at the the start of the prom. The map of the Yoruk Tents is correct. Don't worry, you are quite a long way from the Marina in Fethiye.

Edited: 2:35 pm, August 10, 2014
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Just in case, do you know any similar place (tents with local people, music, food, etc) in Kas? There no recommendations like that here in TA.

Thanks !!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Sorry, I don't. The Yoruk Tents are quite unique.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
258 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

Not even in Antalya? :(

Thanks Frances, you helped me a lot !

10. Re: Celebrating a Birthday Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 13, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Fethiye