We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

Hello. We are flying to Turkey from Australia and cannot wait!

I'm currently planning a very tight itinerary for our family (3 boys ages 8, 10, 12) and am trying to squeeze in a blue cruise with Before Lunch cruises in Fethiye, after visiting Goreme and surrounds.

We hope to fly to Goreme after 3 nights in Istanbul, spend 4 nights in Goreme and then take an overnight bus to Fethiye (still working out if this is possible). We would hopefully arrive early in the morning in time to board in Fethiye by 10:30am. (I'm sure I read a post somewhere saying this was possible, but I can't find it!) The cruise finishes at Fethiye by 11:00am so we'd like to get to Selkuk that day. I have looked at a couple of bus services - am I correct in thinking we'd have to bus to Aydin and then bus again to Selcuk? If so, would a family of 5 be able to fit our luggage on the bus from Aydin to Selcuk?! Any help most welcome! Thank you :)

Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

Fethiye to Selcuk is a question that is asked quite often on this Forum. I would advise you look at the Search Facility for answers . I just put looked for you, and this is just one answer.

Enjoy your holiday.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,381 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

Hello Lalla,

First of all, yes there are night buses from Göreme direct to Fethiye. You will be tired so a boat trip will be good. I think the bus arrives really early so you would be able to make it to the harbor and find a boat. The boat leave about between 10:00 and 10:30. Only... they do not return at 11:00. they are day trips. So at about 17:00 they will return to the harbor.

Not not make yourself and your kids go mad, I would really suggest to stay one night less in Göreme and stay one night in Fethiye. It is the least touristy town amongst Göreme, Selçuk and Fethiye.

The scenery is stunning. I do think there is one direct bus only to Selcuk, in the past it was late afternoon, but I think they changed the time to late night. It is so easy then the next day to take any bus to Aydın, and from there change to Selçuk. And your last question, almost all buses have a big luggage space under in the bus.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

Luggage space on the Aydin - Selçuk dolmuş is quite limited. I think you're biting off a bit too much. Shave a night off Istanbul and another off Cappadocia for a more relaxed time at the sea.

4. Re: Best way to get from Fethiye to Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 18, 2015