We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

With the expected rise in the cost of a visa to enter Turkey, will this mean a decline of holiday-makers visiting the country.

The rise will mainly hit families, where has a family of 4 had to fork out £40 for visa's this year, ( At £10 per person ) so a price increase, will have people thinking about going to other countries.

We have to hope it won't mean sending passports to the agency assigned to do the new visa's, other-wise there will be overheads for transit, which are not cheap, has people on the forum know who have had to apply for a visa for India.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

When the cost of the visa increased from £5 to £10 back in the mid 90s it didn't seem to make any difference at all, certainly not in the long term.

I'm curious. You refer to sending passports to agency for a visa - what do you mean? The evisa is easily obtainable direct from the official website without any need to send you passport anywhere.

swinton,south...
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

Hello Adana,

What I am saying is that I hope it is has you say, without having to send the passport to get a visa, but if the evisa is straight-forward & you can get the visa on the internet,fair enough.

But if its like such has getting a visa for such has India, where you have to send the passport, have two referees, & charged for transit etc. !

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

But that's just the point, it isn't like getting a visa for India.

There are enough threads on this forum that explain the process for getting a visa. The system has been in place since April this year, for the most part it has worked very well. Yes, because payment is made in US Dollars it is more expensive, what impact that has for tourists will depend on their personal circumstances.

I think we should be careful here not to give misleading information. There is enough of that on the forum already.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

My apologies, I should make it clear that my comments relate to UK passport holders.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

The system has been fully explained in various other topics, and there has been no mention of any need for sending away for one.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

Do you know what trolling is, Yorkie? I recommend that you delete this thread.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

It doesn't matter how many times you explain things, some people just can't grasp how simple it is.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

As it has been announced that possibly Turks will no longer need visas to enter the parts of the E.U. that don,t have boarders,I assume that those countries will no longer need visas to enter Turkey.If this is true no doubt the Turks will want to make up the lost revenue by increasing the cost to others.I just hope it doesn't,t double again

P.S.where is the Troll?

Edited: 5:17 pm, December 17, 2013
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

That's always going to be the problem with a forum such as this. Pretty much all the information that anyone would need is already here somewhere. It's easy to get bored of answering the same questions over and over.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will New Visa Prices Affect People Visiting Turkey !

fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/7508-goodbye-v…