We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

Which Fethiye hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
355 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

We were set on Kas until we realized my mother wouldn't be able to do it. Wonderful tripadvisors convinced me that there would be at least 1/2 mile of walking to get to restaurants - even if we could find a hotel suitable for her. She can walk and she's feisty, but uphill and steps get to her. She can do a little but not much.

So I'm looking for a new choice. We start in Antalya and end in Selcuk (and onto Cappadocia and Istanbul). We want 4 nights somewhere - we'll have a car and explore Patara and other little towns - but we need to be able to eat out at authentic,charming restaurants in town.

And what do I need? I need a sweeping sea view from my hotel. So I have my eye on the Yacht Club Hotel in Fethiye but I am wide open to suggestions - doesn't have to be Fethiye -but that area.

Thanks again!

Ellen

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,864 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

HI Braztoes, There are two Yacht Hotels in Fethiye. The Yacht Boutique and The Yacht Classic. The Classic is where Daniel Craig stayed when he made Skyfall at Calis Beach. The Classic is a lovely Hotel and got even better after Craig left. Fethiye is a great town to tour from and has lots of things to see and do in town and in the area about Fethiye.

There is also Calis Beach which has lots of Hotels along the prom and is only 5 miles from Fethiye you can hop on a dolmus or get the water taxi to Fethiye.

Oludeniz is another resort you may like which is about 20 minutes from Fethiye.

I am sure you will get lots of suggestions but Turkey is a great destination and you get a lot for your money.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

Having read your previous thread on Kas, I can understand your conclusion that it is not for you this time and would agree that Fethiye would be a very good choice for you as a base. You can take a boat tour from there as well. I would not suggest you stay at Kalkan as if you were afraid that Kas was too hilly for you, then Kalkan most certainly is even more so!

From Fethiye you can easily drive to Patara. You could also visit the charming "ghost town" of Kaya Koyu where there are a number of delightful charming restaurants. And on to see the Blue Lagoon at Olu Deniz.

I would suggest maybe it would be better to drive from Antalya to Fethiye via the mountain road - that takes just over 3 hours, rather than via the coast road (which goes through Kas, Kalkan and past Patara). The views from the coast road are stunning, but the drive would take some 6 hours - that is without stopping.

The two Yacht Hotels are in a very good location - with wonderful sea views and close to town - but there is a hill between them and the centre. Still with a car, you could always drive into town and park up. Maybe Frances Jane (or somebody else who knows) could tell you whether either of them have a lift to make life a bit easier for your Mum. Another good choice in the same location would be the Ece Saray - I believe that does have a lift.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

hi!

yes I had dinner in one of the two and there was an elevator. Can't remember which one (even it was a year ago) but we opted for the first İ think and then their restaurant was closed in winter so we were send to the next Yacht hotel. Views are great, but still the walk into town is a bit long even it is flat. But there is a minibus service passing that stretch.

More towards the peninsula is Atapark hotel, nice open sea view, but further away from town.

The hotels mentioned are with sea views but more near the marina. İf you prefer to stay closer to the town then there is Dedeoğlu (bigger size hotel and you can look over the marina from the upper floors, do ask for sea view though!).

İ just can't remember if the renovations of one hotel are ready or not. That hotel would actually be at the best location. İt is close to town, close to the fish market, close to the new park and just along the promenade. This promenade has loads of restaurant and just as the hotel, sea view with great sunsets. İ will try to remember to check that when İ am in town tomorrow! Then İ will also check the name....

Good luck!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,864 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

The Yachts have lifts. There is also the Ece Saray (where Russell Crowe stayed a few weeks ago). and the Alesta Yacht Hotel, where friends stayed last year, but that is not right on the Marina, but on the Marina road and has views of the water.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
355 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

Yes we decided against Kas. Being with family is the most important thing in life. We're lucky to still have her - and me - as I fought and beat cancer with a stem cell transplant 8 months ago. We are celebrating life! I thank you all for the time you're taking to help us get this right.

Okay Fethiye sounds great. Dalyan has been suggested to me as well, but I don't think it has the same sea views which matter to me. Mom is fine with anywhere we stay so long as she can walk in. Remember she can walk - but when I hears about 1km walk from car to restaurants up a hill that was that. She can't do that. She can walk 1km flat to see ruins!

I noticed ECE after I posted on the forum and wrote an email to the company who runs it. I like that one and the Yacht Classic - yes. I so appreciate you, VillaRapsody, checking for me. You live there?

Thanks again!

Ellen

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,864 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

We always have a meal at the Yacht Classic it's a lovely Hotel. I can confirm it has a lift/elevator as we have been in it.

I would point out, it sometimes best to ring an Hotel as they can be a bit slow answering emails.

Villa Rhapsody is also in the Hotel business. Look here place up in Kayakoy. has the same name as her avatar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

I would second FJ's recommendation, check out Villa Rhapsody in Kayakoy, it just might tick the right boxes for you. Kayakoy is very close to Fethiye and as you will have a car its very, very easy to get around.

Kayakoy is the most fantasic place to relax and recharge the batteries. The only negative is that there is no sea view in Kayakoy.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

The Yacht Classic in Fethiye was superb even before it was revamped and the views from the balcony sea view rooms are wonderful. Kalkan is very pretty but very hilly, without doubt my personal choice would be Fethiye for views and proximity to some other great nearby places. The sundown views from the new Fethiye marina are also stunning and the old town Paspatur (easily walkable from the Yacht hotel) has wonderful restaurants and atmosphere - plus the old fish market with restaurants. No brainer!

philadelphia
Level Contributor
355 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

Thank you everyone! I am very grateful for all of your thoughts. I promise a good trip report!

10. Re: Best Views? Feithiye/Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 09, 2014